Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla Rapture 2000 J 5 string bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jin Kim, Jun 4, 2005.

1. This is a Pedulla Rapture J2000 5-String Bass with Bartolini Pickups and 2-band Active EQ. Color is Artic blue. It is made in late 2000 I think by Pedulla web site.
    I got it from David Wilson 2 weeks ago. But it is not my cup of tea so I'll let it go.

The original hardshell case is in great shape and is included.
    The bass is used and has the normal very light surface "scratches" that are easily polished out. There is one place near the output jack that is through the finish. It is small and is shown clearly in the pictures.
    The sound of this bass is fat & warm which is great with birdseye maple fingerboard. It looks amazing.

Overall this is just an incredible bass, and I hope it serves someone here well. $1050 shipped to lower 48. Money order or paypal prefered.
    Thanks. :)
    Jin

Pics here; http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=360740740

2. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    you have pm

3. Thanks for your interest. :)

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Pics aren't working. I think this was originally my bass, and I wouldn't mind having it back. :)

Is it this one?

Attached Files:

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll jump in for Jin here, hope he doesn't mind. While I can't say it's that one *for sure* without serial number, I can say it sure looks like it.

It's a great bass, it just passed through my hands on my continuing gear curiosity

6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Aw man... I was going to buy this when David did. THen I went and bought a Bongo. I still want this. Decisions, decisions...

7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    If it's the same one, it's a fantastic bass. I sold it to WillplayforFood. I know he got rid of it after that for something else.

I really may want it back.

8. I think it is same one because of the pattern of flame maple figure.
    Yes, it is fantastic sounding bass especially low B is killer.
    I've never heard this kind of B with 34 scale.
    I am glad to meet original owner. Aren't you? ;)

9. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Excellent.

I regret selling that bass in the first place.

Let me do some horse trading, and if you still have it, I'll most likely snag it back.

If I'm too late, it's just not meant to be. :)
    You interested in any trades?

10. this whole situation is strange... but awesome.

cool bass though!

11. I am looking for F bass BN 5 at this moment. But I already am waiting for Lakland 55-94 which will be here on Thursday so I am not sure I have room for another one or not.
    Could you PM me what you got? Thanks.

12. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Holy cow, that thing is immaculate... all I need to do is raise another $1048.....

13. :D +1

14. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That thing is beautiful.

15. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    man i would love to have this bass.... got my trade offer of my thunderbass t5 rejected...so i'll at least give the guy a bump

i need one of these eventually

16. Sorry man, but I think I should sell this bass for money.
    Thanks for your offer. ;)

17. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    That price is a steal for this bass. They are wildly pricey new and the double-JJ's for some reason go for MUCH more than the single pup version.

18. Everybody bump for the weekend. :bassist:

19. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    I can confirm that this is Jughead's old bass. I bought it from WillPlay4Food and sold it to DavidmWilson. Hope it finds it's way back home, Jug.

20. Bump for before ebay..

Have a nice week guys.. :hyper: