1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pedulla Rapture 5 / Single Pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zooberwerx, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Price:
    Strings:
    *Sale Pending!*

Up for grabs is my ~20 y.o. Pedulla Rapture 5. This sports the single soapbar pickup with volume / bass / treble / mid boost thingamajig switch. I actually prefer this configuration over the JJ's I've owned in the past. The neck is perfect; the body is about a 7.5 / 10 but I'm hypercritical about the aesthetics & cosmetics. This is the perfect fiver for those wanting to take the plunge or those who just want a really nice lightweight, well-balanced bass. Asking $800 but willing to consider trade offers (...I really don't need another bass!). Okay, on to the deets:

*One piece maple neck, rosewood FB (nicest piece I've ever seen), 22 frets, 17 mm spacing. Truss rod is in excellent condition and I'll include the truss rod tool.

*Body is maple but finished in a solid purple...I call it "The Grape". The finish is somewhat brittle and demo's some checking & loss at the neck plate, bridge, and a spot just NE of the pup where I rest my thumb. It actually created a finish divot which I back-filled with some stuff from my wife's studio and covered in clear mylar for added protection. There's also some minor worming on the underside of the lower horn and near the output jack.

*Tuners: I'll re-install the original Pedulla logo'd Gotohs. What you see is a set of Hipshot shiny nickels...not included.

*Bridge: bent metal, roller saddles. Can life be any simpler?

*Strings: Currently sports a set of well-worn Pedulla tapered core nickels which I detest. Price includes a new set of Dunlop Super Bright Nickels or SS's installed and full set-up. Sidenote: a real PITA as we're going from tapered to full-thickness wraps. Loyal to a particular string set? Take it as-is and I'll knock $20 off the price.

*Weight: maybe 8 lbs and small change. Great if you have back / neck / shoulder issues.

*Comes with some type of gig bag...let me see what I have collecting cat hair. Guaranteed to provide adequate protection from point A > point B.

As always, I offer a 72 hr approval period on all purchases. For those intent on offering trade bait, I'm only interested in <9 lb 5 bangers. Thanks for looking!

Riis

PedullaFront_zpsp0ylqupx.

PedullaBack_zpsledalajy.

Good shot of the thumb wear. You may be able to make out the mylar triangle.
    RaptureBodyFront_zpstvujq0av.

Body back looks good but not perfect. I was unable to get a clean shot of the lower aspect (underside of lower horn and output jack).
    RaptureBodyBack_zpsnvtzp1m7.

Finish flaking around the neck plate...reveals the white base coat.
    RaptureNeckPlate_zpst0dynknb.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    AztecViking and ExaltBass like this.
  2. fleayong

fleayong

Apr 24, 2014
    I like the bass, I in China, can trade?

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Trying to avoid any international transactions at the moment but thanks for asking. That being said, I have used domestic "drop boxes" with success.

Riis

4. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I bought a Rapture JJ from you 13 years ago and it was my main bass for years. I miss it, maybe I should consider this one, haha...

5. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    killer deal here.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  6. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'll take your word for it...I can't remember what I had for breakfast!

Riis

padd1369 likes this.
  7. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    pm'd

8. jsbach1982

jsbach1982

Feb 11, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Curious: Why'd you swap the tuners out?

Also, PM sent.

9. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'm a Hipshot UL fan boy. In this case, it made no discernible difference in weight or perceived balance. Well, back to the parts drawer they go!

I forgot to mention.....sale pending!!

Riis

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016