Pedulla Rapture J2000 5-String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danksalot, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings

This is a killer bass, but I need to sell it to get some cash for another purchase.

This is a Pedulla Rapture J2000 5-String Bass with Bartolini Pickups and 2-band Active EQ. Here are the specs from the Pedulla website:

BODY: AAA Flame maple
    NECK: Bolt-on
    SCALE LENGTH: 34 inches
    FINGERBOARD: Birdseye Maple (optional)
    INLAY: 5mm abalone
    NUT: Bone
    TRUSS ROD: Single, double acting adjustable with two stiffening bars
    STRINGS: .045, .065, .080, .100, .128
    WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs.
    BRIDGE: Machined brass barrel
    MACHINE HEADS: M. V. Pedulla/Gotoh
    STRAP PINS: Gotoh
    PICKUPS: Made for MV Pedulla by Bartolini, JJ configuration
    ELECTRONICS: Active, Bartolini
    CONTROLS: vol, pan, treble, bass
    FINISH: Gloss Polyester, Satin urethane neck

The original hardshell case is in great shape and is included. I didn't get the truss rod adjuster tool when I bought it used, but I haven't needed to adjust the neck. These are available from Pedulla.

The bass is used and has the normal very light surface "scratches" that are easily polished out. There is one place near the output jack that is through the finish. It is small and is shown clearly in the pictures.

Overall this is just an incredible bass, and I hope it serves someone here well. Here are some pictures.

The Front

The Front Flat

The Headstock

The Pickups

The Ding

The Back

The red dots in the final picture are some sort of reflection, they are not on the bass.
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    That has got to be the most gorgeous Rapture I have ever seen. Someone needs to buy this. I wish I could afford this right now.

3. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    ugh, these kind of things make me sick. Beautiful bass, beautiful price, and empty wallet
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'm taking it! email sent
  5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea, those are reflections of the pattern from the cushion it sat on for the picture. That was a really sweet bass! If my wrist didn't give me fits I never would've let that Pedulla go. :)

I forgot I still had so many pics of that bass posted on the internet. :)
  6. Well - it will be interesting to see who gets the prize on this - I sent PM's on this earlier today with an offer. It's a beautiful bass - and code of honor requires I wish you all the best of luck (MINE MINE MINE!!!!! :spit: )
  7. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Wow! What a response! It was close, but the first offer came from Davidmwilson. There is a sale pending. I'll keep you guys updated.
  8. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    This bass is sold!