Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla Rapture RB4

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Theshortlist_to, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    Can anyone tell me the distance from the saddles to the pick-up on the Pedulla Rapture with the single soapbar?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

interesting request. Why from the saddles (which not only vary saddle to saddle but bass to bass)?

3. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    i guessed this is where most pick up arrangements are measured from?

im obviously wrong :S

does anyone know the positioning of this pick up and how far away it is from wherever.

4. Measured from the outside edge of the 12th fret to the edge of the pickup is very close to 12-3/4" (on RB5).

| | | | |:| | | | ..... []

............^---------^
    .......... 12th ..... pickup
    .......... fret

As the bass is 34" scale, you should be able to calculate other measurements from here. The Bartolini BD pickup is 1.42" in width.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

center of 12th fret (nut sometimes) to center of pup is typical unless specified otherwise as those are common points on a given scale bass. In all probability you can look at your bass and see that the distance from E and D saddles to any point on the pickup is different as rarely would a bass that's properly intonated have the saddles in line. I thought you may have been asking for some other reason - but couldn't figure out what.