1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedulla Rapture

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan1099, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    So i was in GC today, and i came across a 5 string rapture jazz bass. i tried to resist, but i fell in love. mmmm. buttery goodness. So what i want to know is, how much can i expect to pay for one of these beauts? Sticker on it was only 1300$, but it said it was on clearance. 1300 is definitely affordable, just not at the moment. so what i want to know is, a year or so from now, when i want to find one, new, what can i expect to pay? I have nothing against a used one, i would just doubt they would show up to often. Do they often sell used? for how much?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

I payed well over the odds to get this one second hand in the UK. Its embarrasing how much i paid, but considering theres only 3 in this country....

3. Only 3?! Holy crapola! You gotta let me have a tootle sometime!

4. The new asking price is about $2,000.

I paid $1,400 for my 5 string Rapture from Guitar Center as i traded in my 5 string Pedulla Rapture Fretless (which they only offered me $750 for ) and a near mint 95 American P bass
    (in which they offered me $250 for)

Intially, it was my intent to try an order a replacement maple neck as i felt that i was losing way too much.

I phoned Pedulla and after being informed that the neck alone was $450.00 bills (not including having to send them the whole bass so as to refit a new neck to it, the cost of shipping the bass, the waiting time, etc.) i decided to go with getting racked over the coals with Guitar Center's deal. :hyper:

About a week after the transaction went down i decided to drive back up to the Rockville store to see what became of the fretless and p.

The fretless is marked at $1,299. The P was sold that weekend.

5. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    First off, let me say that the Pedulla Rapture is my favorite bass. I have a mint J2000 5-string (flame maple top, birdseye board, gold hardware) I got on Ebay for $1100. Best tone I ever heard, feels good in my hands, wide string spacing. That is a good price at GC. Sometime in the summer, when they always have their clearance sale, I've seen them here in Chicago priced around $1200. GC regularly lists them for about $1800. I check Ebay regularly and have seen them go for $700 - $1200.

6. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

This is the Rapture being sold at Bass Emporium in Austin, Texas. I love the sound it has.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I used to have a Rapture J2 fiver, I wish that I hadn't sold it. It would play 4th fiddle to my main 3, but I still miss it.

A used Rapture is a real bargain. They can be had for around $1000, depending on the number of strings and the pickup configuration. I have seen single pickup fours go for under $800 on Ebay.

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Me too. Great basses. Here's the one I stupidly parted with: