Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla Rapture

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan1099, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    So i was in GC today, and i came across a 5 string rapture jazz bass. i tried to resist, but i fell in love. mmmm. buttery goodness. So what i want to know is, how much can i expect to pay for one of these beauts? Sticker on it was only 1300$, but it said it was on clearance. 1300 is definitely affordable, just not at the moment. so what i want to know is, a year or so from now, when i want to find one, new, what can i expect to pay? I have nothing against a used one, i would just doubt they would show up to often. Do they often sell used? for how much?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

I payed well over the odds to get this one second hand in the UK. Its embarrasing how much i paid, but considering theres only 3 in this country....

3. Only 3?! Holy crapola! You gotta let me have a tootle sometime!

4. The new asking price is about $2,000.

I paid $1,400 for my 5 string Rapture from Guitar Center as i traded in my 5 string Pedulla Rapture Fretless (which they only offered me $750 for ) and a near mint 95 American P bass
    (in which they offered me $250 for)

Intially, it was my intent to try an order a replacement maple neck as i felt that i was losing way too much.

I phoned Pedulla and after being informed that the neck alone was $450.00 bills (not including having to send them the whole bass so as to refit a new neck to it, the cost of shipping the bass, the waiting time, etc.) i decided to go with getting racked over the coals with Guitar Center's deal. :hyper:

About a week after the transaction went down i decided to drive back up to the Rockville store to see what became of the fretless and p.

The fretless is marked at $1,299. The P was sold that weekend.

5. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    First off, let me say that the Pedulla Rapture is my favorite bass. I have a mint J2000 5-string (flame maple top, birdseye board, gold hardware) I got on Ebay for $1100. Best tone I ever heard, feels good in my hands, wide string spacing. That is a good price at GC. Sometime in the summer, when they always have their clearance sale, I've seen them here in Chicago priced around $1200. GC regularly lists them for about $1800. I check Ebay regularly and have seen them go for $700 - $1200.

6. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

This is the Rapture being sold at Bass Emporium in Austin, Texas. I love the sound it has.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to have a Rapture J2 fiver, I wish that I hadn't sold it. It would play 4th fiddle to my main 3, but I still miss it.

A used Rapture is a real bargain. They can be had for around $1000, depending on the number of strings and the pickup configuration. I have seen single pickup fours go for under $800 on Ebay.

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Me too. Great basses. Here's the one I stupidly parted with: