1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedulla Rapture

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Jun 16, 2001.

1. I saw a Pedulla Rapture yesterday in the $2000 range. It had a transparent blue body and a birdseye maple fretboard. Absolutely beautiful!!

What is a good price on one of these?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think about $1600 for a Rapture. Unless it has a AAA top or something.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That's a Millennium Rapture. There's one selling used but mint at Basscentral for around $1800. It's not blue, tho.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The Rapture 2000 lists for $2695, they usually seem to go around $2000 - $2100.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I was between buying a Pedulla Rapture J 2000 5 string & a Sadowsky 24 fret 5. I went to Guitar Center in Carle Place & traded my Spector NS-4 for the Pedulla. The Pedulla played & sounded GREAT. I went right to Roger's shop w/my Spector NS-5 & newly aquired J2000. The Spector held it's own with the Sadowsky. They both had things I loved about them, but the J 2000 didn't even come close. I put a deposit on a Sadowsky & I am going to return the Pedulla when I have a free day.

I paid $1800 for it & it was tagged @ $2169. If you really want it, you can talk the store down. If they don't move on the price, walk.