Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla series-II?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Detonation, Jan 17, 2006.

1. I ran across a Pedulla Series-II fretless and was wondering if it is a good bass. I did a search but couldn't find any results. I have a Thunderbolt 6-string and are really happy with it, but just wanted to be sure if the Series-II were also good basses.

The bass looks similar to the Buzz and on the Pedulla site I found that they were produced only between 1988 en 1991.

I attached a pic. Any comments appreciated.

2. Freddy

Freddy

Feb 6, 2005
    My first 6 string bass was a Pedulla Series II, and I have very fond memories of it. I also had MVP at the same time and actually prefered the Series II bass, unfortunately I sold the bass, should never have done that!:mad:

3. Well, the seller jut told me it's sold already. Bummer! Thanks for the reply anyway.

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    The Series IIs were cheaper because they were bolt-on, and most of them were opaque finished, so no figured wood. But they were made by the same people in the same place, so there's no reason I know of why they shouldn't be just as great.

5. Looks cool! Reminds me of a Yammy BB series bass.

-ryan-

6. I was searching the threads looking for info in the series II... there's a fretted 4 string on auction at ebay, personallly it looks beautiful to me, even with (or maybe because of) all the scratches and paint missing. It says it has another hole near the input jack, like they added an input jack or something... how much can that kind of work affect the sound??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedulla-Blue-Se...oryZ4713QQssPageNameZWD9VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a thing for pedullas... I only played one for a few minutes in a store... the first pedulla i ever seen.. (i'm from buenos aires, argentina) a week later that bass was out of the store. I recently bought one through a friend in chicago, he was supposed to bring it to me next month, but turns out he can't travel till christmas... so i'm desperate here!!! and i'd really like to get a series III cause it looks just beautiful..l

7. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    The hole shouldn't change the sound too much, if at all. It means that the normally sealed control cavity is now an open vented chamber, but this is still basically a solid-body instrument. The main question might be, since the electronics have been modified, what's in there now?

8. I emailed the seller asking wether they had played around with the electronics and what kind of job had been done there, but he did not reply... seems to me there must be something rotten there...

9. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    It could be simple, like the two pups had been rewired to separate jacks, and then it was put back as original. Or it could be something else.