Pedulla strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by virtual.ray, Feb 25, 2001.

1. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Would anyone care to share thoughts and experiences of using Pedulla strings? I'd be particularly interested in hearing impressions on the 5 and 6 string sets with a low B.
  2. A friend of mine swore by Pedulla strings, but the supply became so erratic he changed to SR2000's. He reckons they're similar.
  3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I agree they are so damned hard to find! I use to buy them all the time but getting them sucks!But yes they are great!
  4. I kinda like them, but the whole taperwound thing really isn't my bag. Not enough low end, especially on the B and E.
  5. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I found 2 sets last week,a 6 string steel set which is now on my Yammie RBX6JM and a 5 string nickel set which I just put on my MTD K5 last night. Both of these basses have a 35" scale,so I had to trim off some of the black fuzz wrap on the B and E strings so that the metal and not the fuzz touches the nut.The stainless set took a day or so to settle down but now it sounds pretty good,way better than the Yamaha strings that had probably been on the JM for the last 18 months sitting in the store I bought it at after watching the price go from $1199 to $629 on clearance,but that's another story.The nickel set,I'll grant you,felt good and sounded like it's gonna sound right after tuning up,no settling in period,but is giving me confirmation that I do prefer stainless strings over nickel plated.But IMO they are good strings,if you can find 'em...