1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pedulla Thunderbass 5-string / FS ONLY

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drgroove111, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgroove111

drgroove111 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2010

This is a sale feeler for a near dead mint Pedulla Thunderbass 5-string bass. It weighs about 8.75 lbs. The neck is sleek, thin and straight as an arrow. Low action, no buzz. Thunderguts switch. B string is tight and clear (one of the best I have ever played). Comes with Pedulla HSC....

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb366/drgroove111/Pedulla/pedullasidebig.jpg

An absolute Beauty!!! The bass is serial #44xx. It dates as an early 90's bass. Truly a fine example of Mike Pedulla's best work.

Ok folks, i am not a spec geek. As far as string spacings it is 17.5mm ( It is very comfortable. Very insignificant difference from the 18mm spacing that many of us are used to.) Bass has Bart soaps and the active thunder bass preamp (shown in one of the pics). Everything is stock as far as I know so if you know these basses then it is a stock set-up.

I have included a few pics via photo bucket link below. It is currently at my recording studio in a climate controlled environment and played in a studio setting only.
    This is a for sale bass only...

IMPORTANT FYI; I am on TB about 2-3 times a week. If you need a quicker response to a question please feel free to email me as this is the quickest way to be in touch

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Two things -- first, I can't see the pix. And second, there are actually two different stock set-ups for Pedulla basses. One with a 17.5mm spacing and one with 19mm spacing.

dcr

3. drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    It is the 17.5. I have a pic that I am trying to load as we speak. Can email to you if you would like

Thanks

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Already sent a PM

dcr

5. drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    bump!!! Thanks for the trade offers but this is a SALE ONLY ITEM,,,

6. Very Pretty
    I don't know much about these basses.
    But, these are pretty special instruments, right...
    Like Smith, etc
    I'm wondering, who would you have do a refret. Would you have sent it to the builder?
    Thank You

7. drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    The refret was done by Noll Guitars of Rhode Island...

They have been at it...(fixing, building, customizing guitars/ Basses for over 30 years. Truly some of the best in luthier work that exists from Boston to New York)

I spent extra and put the Bell Brass mixed jumbo frets. It is absolutely killer sounding, radiuses perfectly and buffed to perfection. Blows away the original frets (which were pretty worn anyway)

You guys all need to understand,... this instrument is about 20 years old and it has been seasoned, PLAYED, and and broken in with care. The neck is straight as an arrow, low action, and it is consistent and snarly as the best Thunderbass that you have ever heard.

When you play a bass that plays and feels really well that is 10-15 years or older, are you confident that if it plays like that now, it probably has done most of its shifting/ adjusting?...How many of you have played a bass 10-20 yrs old that seems to rarely ever go out of tune, never needs adjusting and always sounds great?
    This is one of those.

I think that some of the best Pedullas were Mike's earlier stuff anyway so i may be a bit biased to start!

Cheers

8. Yikes! I wasn't knocking it.
    Not at all...

9. drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    kcandme

Didn't think you were knocking it at all my friend....

Just wanted to be detailed in my response and detail a bit more about this instrument....

Its all good!!!

10. Thank You
    It's a sweet bass.
    I'd really like to step up to the windows on that one...
    I'm looking at so many things right now.
    NEED to sell some stuff.
    I'm getting an Alcoa ready...
    I have a G&L fretless 5 w BIG Birdseye neck.
    A couple Deagan items, and a Merrill Mandolin.
    Whatever, you know the story...
    IWYW

11. Bump for a great bass. I just picked a used one up a few weeks ago here on TB and it is definitely a keeper. Loving mine.

12. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Pedulla's are awesome.

13. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    17.5mm and ebony. That must play and sound nice.

:D

14. drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    like butter. A real player indeed!

15. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Flamed maple goodness.

16. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I second that. His old stuff will stand the test of time.

17. pedullabig.
    pedulla.

18. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring time on a spinning, shimmery, aqua sphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    You really shouldn't sell that bass. . . It matches your yellow dog. . . bump

19. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    You're gonna miss it.

Pedulla 5 Series II, 1991, no issues at all.

20. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Dang, that thing is killer... Pedulla builds with love as well as skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.