1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedulla Thunderbass electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rb1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    I have an opportunity to get a Pedulla Thunderbass ET. Testing it, I found that the active bass seems to hum and distort quite a bit, even when it is turned down low. Is that normal? (Doesn't seem like it should be!) I tried the obvious things: battery replacement, reduced bass boost, reduced amp trim. There is distortion unless I turn the bass completely off and the treble on all the way. On a cheap practice amp which can't handle the bass, I don't notice the distortion, but on my Ampeg SVT3, it's bad.

I like everything else about this bass, so I'd like to figure out if it's fixible, or not worth buying.

Any suggestions or information would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    You might want to contact Pedulla direct and ask about the problem. The electronics should be very quiet.

3. Hey RB,

I have a Pedulla Thunderbass (2006), and have no issues at any volume level, or any pickup blend or bass/treble boost.

Mine is probably the best feeling bass I've ever played - I would replace the electronics in a minute if I needed to.

imp

4. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Upon further investigation, it appears the problem is actually in the SVT3PRO. I took the Pedulla down to a music store and plugged it into several other amps and it sounded clean on all of them. Now I'll be taking the SVT off to an authorized repair shop and see what they can do.