1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pedulla Thunderbass (w/issue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by echo008, Dec 22, 2016.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, Up for sale is my wonderful Pedulla Thunderbass. You may be asking, why is he selling at so low of a price. Well the trussrod nut is stripped. The bass is playable, I have tapered strings on there now and the bridge can go lower a bit still. I figure at this price it may be worth it someone to try and fix, as it is overbuilt and awesome in every other way. Will ship in the OHSC, Shipping in the CONUS only. Ill listen to trades. Thanks for looking.

FullSizeRender. FullSizeRender. IMG_1155. IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1157.JPG 20161217_065648.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    blindrabbit likes this.
  2. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    I had neck through bass with identical problem and local guitar tech quoted me under $200 to have it fixed so it is not as bad or super expensive to have it addressed as I personally first thought of this type of problem.

3. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    If that were only true. Pedulla does not use conventional truss rods, I believe the whole fretboard needs to come off and the rod replaced.

4. Lorisco

Lorisco

Mar 20, 2010
    California
    What is the string spacing on this" 17 or 19mm?

And, when was this built?

5. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    its 17.5mm I know its an earlier model, it went back to pedulla for a refin it looks amazing.

6. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    From my experience, the thought of having stripped truss rod nut was unnecessarily overwhelming, despite the fact that my bass was set up and played perfect :). I'm sure lucky buyer won't even need to address set up. I wouldn't hesitate to get this one. With repair cost included, this is still great deal.

7. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Looks like this one may be gone...

8. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Agreed.

Costs of repair would probably get this thing close to fair market value, and still probably on the low end. The buyer should be quite happy even if a repair is done.

No adjustments needed? Even better.

Whatever happens, it'll sounds great!

9. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    1) Are you using the proper (Pedulla) truss rod tool on the rod as Pedulla truss rods have square ends? You have to use an actual Pedulla tool to tighten or loosen them.
    2) Are you, or who ever has worked on this bass, aware that Pedulla truss rods turn in the opposite direction from all others? Pedulla's turn counter clockwise to tighten, clockwise to loosen.

laslen likes this.