1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedulla Thunderbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TRU, Aug 5, 2007.

1. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I have my eyes on a used Thunderbass. I've never seen nor played one live, but I dig the looks. Although it is quite 90's style...

Pedullas seem to be less valued in the used market compared to other handmade US basses. Why is that?
    All comments are welcome. Pedulla maniacs, come and praise your bass! :)

2. The ET is a really cool bass, and one of mu favorites to be honest with you. Why it has a low used-value, I'm not sure. It's as good as any 34' scale bass that I've played, so if you like them, you're in luck.

Now this is a total guess, but maybe people's perception of Pedulla changed when they became exclusive with GC. Some think that quality changes when you're trying to crank units out, but I sure haven't seen any of those bad ET's yet.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A couple reasons. I think firstly, it's because they're not a big name. Even here on TB, they come up relatively infrequently, and other than the dude from Muse, there are few "big" names that play them. So there isn't the name recognition of say, a Fender or a Fodera.

Then, there is that GC thing might be true. GC could not give less of a damn about their instruments, and when those bad boys are $2500+, and have a crap setup, dying battery, dirty pots, and dead strings, it might seem to be a "bad" bass.

Long and the short of it is, on the used market, they are steals. Absolutely insane bass for your dollar. My Thunderbolt 6 was maybe the best six string fretted I've played (let go of due to mitigating financial circumstances).

They're some of the best basses around, period.

4. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe