Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla Thunderbolt 4 Info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Hey boys... I'm thinking of buying a Thunderbolt 4 over the net but I've never played one before. I love Pedullas and currently have a Rapture 4 I love and am wondering if the body on the TB is small and compact like the Rapture and if the neck is of similar shape. Any insight about TB's will help. Thx.

Mike

2. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    The neck profiles and body sizes on my Rapture 5 and Thunderbolt 5 seem to be almost identical to me, although I have never measured them to be sure.

3. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I have a Thunderbolt 5 and used to own a Rapture 5 fretless. The necks seemed identical to me, and the body is about the same size. Switching between them was extremely easy, and I never felt like I was playing a "different" bass between the two.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I have a Thunderbolt 4 that I bought new just over a year ago. I special ordered mine with a AAA top and maple fretboard. I love this bass! It sounds incredible and is one of the punchiest basses I've ever heard. If you check on the Pedulla web site, www.pedulla.com you can compare the body dimensions and weight, and the neck dimensions. From what I remember, they are just about identical.

You will not be disappointed with the Thunderbolt!

;)

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Thx gents. :)