1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedulla Thunderbolt 4 string.... to sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diego, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Hello fellow TBers,

I have come to the following dilemma, should I sell my Pedulla 4 string? It is a wonderful axe (bought it reduced because it was blemished) but despite the cosmetic flaws it plays wonderful, really fast neck, super low action, very clean sound (it has the TBT pre amp, I think, no thunderguts switch). So I was thinking of getting a fretless Roscoe but need some money of course. Another bass that has caught my eye is a fretless Yancey at the Bass Emporium web site. I don't know if to sell the Pedulla, or if I'm going to loose a lot of money because of the cosmetic issues with this bass (plus I honestly don't know how much to ask for it). I truly think it is sort of a one-of-a-kind bass (Birdseye maple top, different pre). I just don't know what to do and would like some advice (not just with the selling but on which fretless to get, if any..). I feel like I'm not a 4-string player anymore. Please advice. Your time and comments are always appreciated.

PS to the moderator(s). I apologize if this thread is mislocated in this forum.

2. The only thing I cn add is that traditionally Pedullas don't sell very well at all on the used market (which makes it good for a buyer like me... if I had any money :rollno: ) so that you'd be selling an excellent, unique bass for far less than it's "worth" and in the end, would that trade-off be worth it?

My signs point to "no". You're may very well be different.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    If money isn't really an issue, I would hang on to it because you just don't know when you're going to get a hankering to noodle around on it. I'm primarily a five string player nowadays, so those times when I pick up one of my fours offers a chance to maybe play slightly different stylistically or percussively. Why take a chance missing an instrument that you have some affection for?

Lonnybass

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I really regret selling my thunderbass, and am now looking to get another one. They have low resale value and are worth much more to you than the cash would be. Such sweet basses, you'll miss it if you sell it.

But for all you T-5 players who are reading this, my advice is totally different. Sell me your bass. I won't regret it.

5. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    pedulla>roscoe

6. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    i had a thunderbass and really dug it. i really don't know why i sold it. i've sold so many damn basses, i've gotten numb to the "pain" of letting one go. it's just a bass. you'll heal, brother. PM me if you decide to sell it. (seriously).

7. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Thank all of you for your kind insight and helpful advice. Yes...I will consider selling ONLY if I get a good offer (which at this point I do not know what would be a good one!). I might regret selling but unfortunately that lovely instrument is not getting played and it is just sad for it to sit in its case fo extneded periods of time IMHO.

8. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    By the way....any thoughts on a good fretless? What about the Yancey I mentioned at the beggining of this thread?

9. I'll be the first and say it... "Pedulla". Perhaps you could trade your fretted 4 back to the factory + some cash and walk away with out of their legendary fretlesses while getting a better deal on your trade-in as opposed to a private sale.