1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedulla Thunderbolt 5&6: Which do I keep?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsonnenblick, Oct 19, 2001.

1. OK, I know this is the kind of "problem" a lot of people would love to have, but I need some advice. . .

Due to the strange twists of fate inherent in bass trading, I now own two Pedulla T-bolts -- a 5 and a 6. It makes sense to keep one and trade the other, but which should I keep?

The 5 is fairly banged up, and is somewhat less valuable because it has fewer strings. However, it has the upgraded 2-band EQ, which was worth a couple of hundred bucks when the bass was new.

The 6 is in MINTY condition, but has the less-fancy passive tone control and "thunderguts" switch. Tonally, it's less aggressive-sounding than the 5, which makes it fairly unslappable. However, its tone is remarkably clear and even.

So can anyone advise me, especially on your opinion of the 2 different electronics packages?

Thanks. . .

2. Hey Jordan,
    Glad to see you back here! I was in the same situation as you were, until I traded the T-Bolt 6 and then the T-Bolt 5 (that you now own). Is the 6 a AAA top in peacock blue? Just curious, as it would be really funny if you now simultaneously own two basses that I used to own.

Of course, it would seem that the 6 has better trade value, but I guess that it depends on what other basses you've got currently. I would choose to keep the one that sounds most unlike any other bass I owned.

Good luck!
    fc
    PS-I'm on Brubaker #3 now, thanks for the blueburst!

3. Hey, Funky! Yes, it was a pleasure doing business with you! Congrats on the new Brubaker -- those are monster basses.

The 6-string is bright red over a very flamey top, so it's not yet another bass of yours. . .