Pedulla Thunderbolt Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chaoslord, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Hey everyone, I am wondering if anyone out there knows of any direct replacments for a Pedulla Thunderbolt bridge (5 string).

The one on my bass has an issue that I would like to resolve but can't really do without a new bridge. I can't find anything with the right screw pattern. There are 5 screws along the rear edge of the bridge and two in the front of the bridge, closest I have found is 3 in the back and two in the front.

Thanks for your help guys.
  2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Have you contacted Christine at Pedulla? Everyone I've heard from has had excellent results, including myself.
  3. I have indeed contacted her regarding the problem and she put me in touch with Mike. Problem is they want photographic proof of the problem and I cannot for the life of me get it to show up in pictures. So alas they are trying to be helpful but are in fact no help at all.
  4. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    Maybe people here could help with either the problem, or with the photography, if you could describe the issue?
  5. what is the issue, and how much would the folks at pedulla charge you for a new bridge. then mabey you could send the old one back and once they have proof of the problem they could refund you or something. I did something like that with a computer part.
  6. The problem is that the bridge has "ruts" which the string saddle screws are supposed to sit in. Well on the center strings there is only one rut and all is fine, the outside strings however (B and G) have a rut for each height screw to rest in. The problem is that the screws don't sit far enough apart to both be in the ruts at once. I can actually "click" my saddles back and forth between the two which changes my string spacing by about 1/16th of an inch.

Pedulla said they couldn't do anything without seeing actual photos of the bridge proving the problem.
  7. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Have you figured out what type of bridge that is?

I've had several Pedullas, including a Thunderbas 5, and I don't remember anything like that.

I think the key is determining the type of bridge so Pedulla or others here can address the specifics.
  8. There is no company name or anything like that stamped anywhere on the bridge.

I bought the bass brand new so it is whatever Pedulla was using stock on the Thunderbolt 5 when serial number 7481 was produced.
  9. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    Can you post whatever pics you have here, so we can have a look?
  10. Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    I know what you're talking about on your Pedulla. I've noticed the same situation on mine. The trick is to make sure that you are carefully seating the bridge screw in in the channel - the channel slots are not very deep and any variation in height between the two height adjustment screws on each bridge saddle is enough to throw it off.