Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla vs. Fodera

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I am in need of some advice. I am planning to buy either a Pedulla Thunderbass 5 or a Fodera Deluxe Emperor 5. Obviously the Fodera is going to more expensive, but it's probably worth it. However, I also really like Pedulla's Thunderbass series, as they are high quality yet only $3500-4000, compared to a $3-6000 Fodera. So, I was just wondering which would be a better investment, and an overall better bass. And if it helps, I play funk,blues, some classic rock, and mostly jazz.

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If Foderas are 3-6k, and Pedullas are 3.5-4k, get the 3k Fodera :hyper:

3. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Well I haven't really found that exact price for a Fodera, most of the ones I've seen have been around 4-5000 but I was just giving a rough estimate.

edit: I also just found a Spector Euro 5 Paduk, walnut laminate, 3 piece maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, EMG's, and gold holdware-brand new- for $2500. That would certainly save me a LOT of money-and it looks really nice. Anyeone played one like this compared to the other basses I mentioned?

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Pedulla's are good basses...I would just try them all out and see what you prefer. I think the Pedulla street price should be a lot cheaper than a Fodera.

5. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000

Those EMGs are hot!
    You'll get some sizzling bright highs with nice punch and clarity, but if I were to use it for jazz or blues, I'd like to get a warmer, mellow sound which I actually think I might not be able to get as easily on those EMGs. Just my experience from playing a Euro.

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the thunderbass series is a great bass. ric fierabracci does amazing things with his.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    If you were buying property I'd say get the worst house in the best street (a cheap Fodera). But since you're buying a bass I'd play them both and get the one that speaks to you - regardless of price.