Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Apr 12, 2001.

1. I've been offered a mint Pedulla Rapture for under half new price. It's only a four string, but it's a lovely bass to play. It's sunburst with tortoiseshell pickguard, and is the earlier single pup model. Anyone have any experience with these? Anyone tried TI flats on one? I have to say it has the best fretwork of any bass I've ever seen,also no deadspots, and the sound is totally even from bottom to top. I like it!
  2. I live in New Zealand, so the price would be meaningless, relative to US costs. $1700NZ, which is about $730US.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Marty, if the bass is new or in new condition, I would take it at that price.

NOS models here in the states are going for around $950, and used for around $750 in prime condition.

I am assuming:)o) that you are referring to the 4 string version. If it is a 5, it's an even better deal, they are ~$100 more.

The single pickup Rapture is one of the most versatile single pickup basses that I have ever played. I almost bought one but found a good deal on the Rapture J2 5 about a month later, glad that I waited.