1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PEDULLA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brandonie, Jun 25, 2007.

1. brandonie

brandonie Adult Film Music At It's Best!!!!

I just got my brand new Pedulla Rapture, this thing is awesome!!! The neck is sooo thin, it has a very responsive B string, the action is perfect, it really is the easiest playing and best sounding bass I've ever played!!
    CIMG0186.jpg
    CIMG0188.jpg
    CIMG0185.jpg

2. :bassist: Very nice!!

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice!!! My local dealer has a natural finished J5 that I have spent a lot of time playing--these are great basses. And I agree on the neck, they are very comfortable.

4. Congrats! I like the retro Jazz bass vibe they have with a modern edge...

5. Beautiful! That very flat neck profile with the very high radius board makes these basses feel different than most others... very fast and 'modern'. I love the color too... nothing nicer than a beautiful maple board with black body... classy!

Enjoy!

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    A local GC has Rapture just like that. The Rapture is my favorite boutique jazz. I love that neck and light body.:cool:

7. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    These still rank up there with my favorite basses...and you have the color I prefer as well!

Great bass, enjoy it!

8. davedamage

davedamage Hit string, go boom.

Oct 16, 2006
    Milwaukee area
    i just bought the same exact bass yesterday, playing my first show with it tonight and i couldn't agree with you more. yes, she is awsome.

9. How would you describe the sound? Both Raptures I've ever played, both 5ers, had great necks and fit and finish, and overall build quality, but were probably among (to my ears) the flattest sounding basses I've ever heard. Just no life. I don't know how to describe the tone other than it left me completely underwhelmed compared to just about everything else in the store I tried (and many with Barts). And I really wanted to like them too!

Then again, they were both at Guitar Center, so it's possible they had dead strings. :ninja:

I'm just wondering whether they were lemons or products of poor care that I played, or whether this is an inherent quality of the bass.

Beautiful bass by the way! Play her in good health! :)

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That looks like an excellent bass, enjoy it :)

11. They are, to my ear, a great example of the classic 'stock' Bartolini tone... warm, mid punchy, but not a lot of upper treble response or 'growl'... just warm, mellow, clean punch.... similar to the Lakland 55-02/55-94 models with the original Bart circuit IMO and IME.

This can be a good thing or not, depending on your tone preference.

12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm going to throw in a cheesy, cheap plug for myself here, but there is a Pedulla Thunderbass ET4 w AAAAA+ top in the classifieds for dirt cheap right now. :eek:

13. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Congrats on a beautiful bass! You can't go wrong with a Pedulla. FWIW, Pedulla's prices are going up July 1st, so you got in just in time! Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Kevin

14. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    :hyper:

Great, great bass!

I dig the 34" scale with the taut B. Proof you don't need 35" to get a good sounding B string.

That flat, wide neck is just so comfy, and the Bart system has that modern J growl thing going.

Woo-hoo!

15. From an athstetic viewpoint, the pickguard shape compliments the body shape better than any other bass, IMHO. They really nailed that element of the design. :bassist: I'll bet it sounds good through a giant Markbass rig :D

16. Yeah, the strings on the basses I played were probably dead, because although the Bart tone isn't usually very aggressive to my ear, those two Pedullas were completely, completely, like seriously, dead sounding. Thoroughly one-dimensional tone. And I normally like the classic Bart vibe. [/thread hijack]

17. brandonie

brandonie Adult Film Music At It's Best!!!!

This bass is really punchy, mid rangey and bright with the eq flat, but when I mess with the knobs a bit, I can get any tone I want. Playing this thing through the Markbass rig is like a dream come true!!!!!!:hyper:

18. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I've owned 3 different Raptures, and I agree only in part. You can definitely get nice growl with the bridge pickup, although it's a throaty modern sort.

Definitely warm and punchy. Maybe more mellow than some basses, but put some steel Rotosounds on there, and a Rapture will slice your head off.

19. I'll have to give them another chance then. That sounds like my tone. Next time I just won't try one at GC. :ninja:

Anyway, my thread hijack aside, great bass and I hope you enjoy it!

20. I would completely agree with this... it's a different sort of growl than a classic J Bass type growl.. and your throaty description nails it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021