Pedulla's ET finishes

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Basschair, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hey again all,

Here's question #2:

I'm wondering if you can speculate as to the components of the finish that Pedulla uses on it's ET basses? Their website lists it as this: "Satin oil/catalyst urethane (natural)."

I like my ET6's finish as it looks and feels like a nice natural oil finish, but seems to be harder and more protective, almost like a satin poly. I'm sure their actual mix and process is proprietary info., but your thoughts on it are appreciated...thanks!

-bc-

2. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Huh, I thought I'd posted something like this a while back.

So, I'm still wondering about a comparitive, off-the-shelf product that would come close to matching Pedulla's natural finish for the ET thunderbasses. Figured I'd give this a bump to see if anyone might have some ideas. I did find this at Woodcraft.com, but haven't used it before (at least, not yet):
    http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5189

3. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    I don't know about your particular bass, but I've heard that the epoxy used on Pedulla Buzz basses is Diamond Kote, which is commonly used in the auto industry. I can't confirm that, however.

4. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. I should have specified that the finish I was referring to was the body-finish :)