1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pefftronics SB101 Super Rand-o-Matic Overview

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Mar 28, 2009.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    [​IMG]

A pedal I've been curious about for a long time arrived yesterday.
    Weather is sucking here so I've been fooling with it for awhile.
    I've logged all the documentation (it came with a manual and the sales flyer) as well as many more sound samples over at bassfuzz

Here are a couple of the samples (let me know if the samples are too low, I just noticed my volume is cranked):

Huey Hellicopter (This is just me striking E 4 times)
    Some Random Setting I selected.

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Madness!
    Its awesome!

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Sounds about like I remembered. It actually has one of my more favorite flanger sounds. Have you tried it with guitar? Unfortunately that's where it shines IMO.

Thanks for the samples.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Sounds awesome.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I coveted one of those for the longest time; then a friend of mine got one and lent it to me, and I have to say that was about the biggest let-down I've ever experienced in a pedal. Not that it was the "worst pedal ever", but my expectations were pretty high, and the reality is slightly below mediocre IMO. Yes it's good as a novelty lo-fi effect for electro/Nintendo moments, but that's it. I was glad to give it back to my friend and relieved that I didn't lose any money.

6. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    I'm speechless... because my mom told me if i didnt have anything nice to say, i shouldnt say anything

7. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I'm actually kind of jamming on it. The only pedal I can compare to it directly is the pitch pirate, and I think I like it a bit better than that (more user friendly).