1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pegboard in my studio/workplace - need ideas!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dnp41, Jul 7, 2020.

1. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi Guys,

We are redecorating my workplace/practice place/attic/gym. Since I'm now working from home for over 4 months I'm spending so much time here I would like to make it a little nicer.

Wife and I opted for a big storage unit (IKEA Kallax) to use as room divider between the section of the upstairs floor where I usually work out and the kids play around a little bit, and now my office space. We will use the other side of the Kallax case as storage and bookshelf, and since I didn't think it would be nice to look at the back of books all day, the idea was formed to line the back of the kallax with a giant pegboard.

I think it's a cool idea, and so far I have thought of a few things I'll put up there. But I'm looking for some other cool ideas to add since it will be a 182x182 pegboard (72 x 72 in inches that is).

So far I will put a couple of shelves to put my bass books on display and use for easy access.

I will put some bass theory on there as well for quick reference.

And probably some drawings that the kids make...

But that's about all I can think of.

Help me! :D

2. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Hooks, for hanging cables on?

Baskets for batteries, spare strings, patch-cables, etc? You could cut a hole in the pegboard, and get one of the baskets that IKEA make for Kallax, to put things in. That would be less prone to breakage than hanging one off the board.
    The offcut could go on the other side of the book-case, to stop it getting accidentally pulled out from the wrong side. Now there's peg-board on the other side for the kids to play with, too.

dnp41 likes this.
  3. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks! Cool ideas. I sure have some spare patch cables that I could easily organize

equill likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 26, 2021