Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pekka Pohjola

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ens, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Ens

Ens

Feb 11, 2001
    Finland
    Has anyone heard of this Finnish bassist/composer Pekka Pohjola? I'm just curious of how well known he is outside Finland. He has performed at least in New York and Japan. I've also heard that he has developed some kind of a cult following in Tokyo area.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I found this site and listened to a lot of samples of his music (all there was). Sad to say, I wasn't very impressed. I did not like the music, and on the pieces I heard, he didn't really stick out as a player either - which was somewhat surprising to me since he's a bass solo artist.

Oh, wait, I just heard the very last sample on the page... I guess he was a good player after all, but I still think his music sucks. ;)

3. Ens

Ens

Feb 11, 2001
    Finland
    I think he's just the kind of artist whose music you either love or hate. This "symphonic rock" or whatever it could be called, is fairly demanding on the part of a listener. I like it the way it is.