Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pentabuzzed...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Apr 29, 2002.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I don't want to gloat, because my gain was at the expense of another TB'er.

I just purchased a beautiful Pedulla Pentabuzz. My first fretless. I really love playing it. It's in super condition.

I got it on Saturday and really didn't have a chance to play it until Sunday. I love it.

I've been in the market for a while, and I can say my GAS has subsided.

It's beautiful Cherryburst w/gold and the standard Bart P/J. It has the low and high boosts as well as volume and pan.

I have to say, I ain't that bad for a first timer. Sure, it's got lines. Call me a cheater. I really love it.

I spent last night converting some originals so I can have a nice fretless on it. I also played along with some easier tunes. My wife is sick of hearing the Flecktones' Big Country!!!

I may for now though, I hate to put it down.

:D

2. Congrats Zulu,

I have the fretted version (an MVP) and they are fine extremely well made instruments.
    Enjoy.

3. AJClone

AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
    Iowa
    Hmmm, if that's the Pentabuzz that was listed here last week...you suck. Seriously, congrats. Glad to hear it was a beauty even if I didn't get it.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, John!:) That's quite a pair that you have.:cool:

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Pedulla........ the only Pedulla I can only think Pedulla I can think are the Rapture J2s...... MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    MMMM... pentabuzz... tasty. I love pedulla basses. I think they are great. Congrats on your new bass man. got any pics of her?

7. Zulu, I hate you.

Seriously though, I'm green with envy. I got the chance to play a pentabuzz fretless in transparent blue, and it was the best 10 minutes of my bass playing life.

One of these days I'll be able to afford a Pedulla.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The Pedulla Pentabuzz is still my favorite fretless I've ever played. Not to mentiion one of the finest I've played, period.

9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Now I finally have a pic of it...

[​IMG]

You can see my Thumber sobbing in the background.