people are big fat doo doo heads!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    heres part 2 of my story from a while back..
    hmm my friend jordan who is a very good guitarist got a band offer. This guy who offered him to play rhythm well... hmm.. its the same guy who plays in a "punk" band and plays creed and nickleback. and says "yes im punk rawk!"
    pfff.. anyway no more about punk music.. but yeah so... tonight theres this guy there and hes been playing bass for like 2 months.. he has a rogue bass and so.. jay is like "this guy is prolly the best bassist in hernando.. he can play so fast.. hes even better than you".. he said this in front of my best friend who i jam with and my other friend jordan who i was in a band with(when i was the drummer for jordans band) anyway.. im like. okay whatever.. but it bothers me..
    I mean the fact is.. I dont brag.. i know for a fact im not the best.. I consider myself some what acomplished and i like my playing style i mean I play alot of jazz and its something i never thought i would do but I did and im happy. But this kid plays solid.. ya know root note bashin tab reading pick playing.. typ-a-guy.. and theres nothing wrong with that really other than he just needs to expand his horizens a bit, but to say hes better than me.
    I heard him play tonight. And he was fumbling all over the place. Brett said he sucked and that kinda made me feel better. But ya know it stilll just kinda hurt. Ya know I want to prove that im a decent player. Nobody will give me the time of day though. The main atraction at my church "david" plays a 5 string and is into good music they only dig him when he slaps.. hes really great too fingerpicking and whatnot but they dont care about that.. they just want to here him sound like flea.
    I feel kinda sorry for him cause hes one of my best friends but sometimes i get kinda .. jelous.. a bit cause well he gets hired more and they act like hes the only person in the church who plays. Oh well. Thats why i do my solo stuff.
    But my friend scott said something that made me feel good..
    archaicrhetrc: Dude, you rock hard man.
    ..that was cool i mean hes been my best friend on the internet for 6 years.. Hes my prayer buddy..hes just well my homie..
    But has anyone ever felt this way about playing? that they just felt they would never get anywere and serve a purpose in there playing like actually in a band with other people???
  2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Don't worry, you rawk :D
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    I dont rawk..
    I gerrrrooove..:D
  4. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I feel your pain...just cause' people don't seem to like your preference in styles or technique, etc. they blow you off. I have gone through guitarist after guitarist trying to get a band set up cause every guitarist on teh planet has too big of an ego to play somethign a bassist wrote:rolleyes: go figure. I am told my rythms and chord progressions are a pain in the butt and whatnot (like, F# to Bb major..etc...). Keep stickin' to it though! The world can never have too many jazz bassists! oh and, uh, groove on.:cool:
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Don't worry about what other people thing... isn't that what punk RAWK is all about? ;)
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Shake em off. people tell me my rig sucks "You play ibanez and crate? ahhhh ha ha ha" Then they shut up when my band plays and say "AWESOME BAND MAN!"
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    :eek: You play an ibanez with a crate! HAHAHAHA HAHAHA...just kidding :D I use a korean spector w/ peavey..not much better, lol
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, Nick, a quick news flash. There are going to be some bass players who play worse than you, and there are going to be a bunch who play better than you. What difference does it make who they are?
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I dont care at all, my tone is 100% evil.
  10. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    exactily.. munji thats the thing.. is theres one other bassist in my church.. we are.. i dunno.. its not really a comparison i mean he rules.. but we are totally different.. he teaches me alot of stuff and if anyone deserves to be in a band its him because well hes just an awesome bassist..
    The thing is.. when ya know people who suck.. get. raised on this big pedestal...
    and they say "I dont look like a musician".. they think well "you should look like a rockstar".. thats the type of mentality..
    ya know.. so it kinda sucks.. I have a drummer(talkbasser and girlfriend ashleyholloway) and brett is coming over sunday and we are gonna trade some guitar licks..
    btw 5stringdna.. sounds pretty good.. .you cant help it because some guitarist suck and aren't fast enough to play your stuff =D =D =D.. sounds like something intresting though.. what kinda music is it?? I played a Rock covor song that i recorded for a demo and it had 19 chords in it... talk about a pain.!! rah~!!!! heh

btw.. im playing a peavey amp.. and a cheap yamaha bass.. im getting a fretless jazz this next summer.. when I FINALLY GET SOME FUNDS!
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Three words: Slayer Tribute Band.
  12. Have a bass off..........

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

This is one of those issues that you don't always get instant redemption, or a snappy comeback line.

Just develope snappy comeback Basslines!

People say mean things in a vacuum(sp?). While your learning is multi-styled, thier current area is a back-alley of musicianship.

There will come a time when these cretins will be in the audience, and you'll be onstage. Make that (kick some-ass!) moment not your ultimate goal, but another step along the the trail you blaze for your musical accomplishments.

But when that moment comes, (and there will be plenty of those moments) be prepared for it!
  14. deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    .......I use Ibanez and Crate as well!!!:D
  15. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Dude: First off, never let the comments of a moron bother you. Total waste of time.

Second, hang in there, keep playing, keep making the scene, learn everything you can from this guy David at church -- don't worry, you'll get your shot.
  16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I do mostly lighter rock, but with the occassional set of heavier minor riffs, and a little blues thrown in there. I can't really describe my style yet seeing as it has smatterings of blues, metal, alternative, ska, and jazz in it. My lamest song is almost akin' to a praise song..A D G E. etc...but witha twist, lol. ANd no I haven't done 18 chord syet, my "worst" is 11 at this point. And ya, learn all you can from other bassits, I'm not that great, so I have plenty of oppurtunities for this:D

P.S. Anyone know a good guitarist in the Denver/metro area....
  17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    REPRESENT MOTHER FU....... well. woop woop. raise the roof. but the question is, do you suck as much as me? my little evil twin clone baby.