Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

people are so mean.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kazzles, Nov 26, 2002.

1. kazzles

kazzles

Nov 23, 2002
    new york
    in advance, you guys can delete it if you want, i just need to vent..

okay, hear me out. i'm a very depressed person, alright? and i had this friend, who just recently started hating me and telling me i'm a poser and i'm not really cutting or feeling the way i do. okay, so, i took pictures of some cuts, and she thinks i got them off the internet! who would take pictures of cuts and post them for all to see?! (i don't! lol!) anyways, i finally had to block her because she was driving me to cut more. i punished myself because of me. we used to be so close..what went wrong? also, today, in my diary, i finally posted two pictures of myself, and within the first two minutes, i get a unsigned note saying "ur uglier than my ass!!" ouch. well, trying to not let it get to me (too late..:( ) i replied with *ahem* To that unsigned noter, it's not worth the insult if I already agree. Your ass must be very pretty! Kiss it for me! *small grin* Even though I replied with my lame humor, it still hurt. Is it wrong to let that affect me? Okay, since on my diary every that wants to can see it, you guys can, to see if you agree, though I around do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, those are me. Last weekend. :\ Anyways, in my other diary, I get another note from a person saying that everything i say is $!^%. how nice. *sighs* so i feel so bad that to everyone it's not real? Man, what did I do to deserve this? I know it sounds selfish, but no one knows how hard this is. A 14 year old girl who has been through so much. Over Two years of depression, and about four-five years of being sexually abused and used. (..Yeah, shocking.) But all the same, thank you for just letting me post this. I hope you guys won't yell at me.

In other news, did you all hear about the kids in NYC that are sueing McDonald's for getting them obese?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :(

no yelling here, promise. where's your folks while all this is going on?

(i like your reply about "pretty ass, kiss it for me", that was a good one :) )

try to remember that being a teenager can be like being in the ocean with a bunch of shipwreck survivors, all trying to keep from drowning by pushing down on everyone around them - don't take it too hard that kids put you down, just remind yourself that they are trying to bolster their own flagging self confidence.

as for the abuse, see a doctor - they will help you report that to the police, if a parent is involved, and if not, TELL YOUR PARENTS!!!! (sorry, i know i said no yelling.)

lastly, as far as getting bad comments about how you look, check this out...

http://www.bunnybass.com/amusing/amusingbass15.shtml

and be sure to read the comments. i had no control over this - someone posted the pics of me (yeah, that's me) without even telling me. some of the comments in there are pretty hurtful, but in a sense it's cathartic - i have no control over this, and some folks post some really nasty things about me, but, lo and behold, that's the worst they can do - it's a great exercise in perspective - words can't really hurt unless yo let them.

hang in there.

3. I agree. 'twas not long ago that I was there myself.

As for your looks:

- You have a big, beautiful smile that lights up your face.

- You are slender, you have a body that lots of girls envy.

- You have long, volumous hair that anyone would want. (My husband included.)

- You have pierced ears, which a lot of people are too afraid to get.

- You look really good in blue!

Please check your PM's. :)

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Fortunately, not all people are mean. But prepare yourself. Not neccesarily for a MEAN world, but one that is indifferent.

Do what works for you. And, pick your friends carefully.

You can find joy in the world. A lot of that joy comes from developing yourself, and doing the things you like, as well as doing the things you have to do.

Do them both well.

5. What John said.

I've been in that situation, with a friend I was really close to suddenly turning around and being nasty at me for no real reason I could see. The most you can do is just ignore it, or try and talk to them, sometimes you can work things out. It can be hard to ignore and not care what others think of you. But sometimes it can be liberating, you can do what you want without being worried about what others think which is fun. You can't go wrong being true to yourself, even if it can be hard sometimes.

Being a teen isn't a lot of fun, esp. 13-15, you're either in the spotlight and get cut down or you're completely ignored. But it does get better! Hang in their girl! And keep up with the funky fingers.

As Solomon Burke said, "Always keep a diamond in your mind". :D

PS: What's cutting? I'm lost...

6. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    what Mr. T says. If someone had intervened with my ex :rolleyes:...

looks? pfft! bein' a long-haired type with a biker beard no less
    has done wonders here in the buckle of the bible belt :p.

If you like your looks, what the...heck else matters? :D
    amazing...deep-fried foods make you fat?? coffee's hot???

whoo-hoo! I've got Johnnie Cochran on speed-dial! [​IMG]

7. I've got Johnnie Cochran on speed dial!

The glove did not fit, you must ACQUIT!!!!!!! :D

Eveyone should listen to Opie and Anthony's OJ Simpson 911 call clip thingie. IT IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY :D

8. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    hmmm... hurting yourself and showing it off to people for sympathy... cool :rolleyes: :(

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wait wait wait...cutting? you mean...like, cutting yourself? and you talk about this all the time on a webpage? and post pics of them?

if you don't already see a psychiatrist, you really really really need to. sorry...first of all, cutting yourself is not healthy. second of all, posting pics of your cuts is either a desperate cry for help or a really desperate cry for attention. either way, please, go see someone.

10. Pay no attention to people who say bad **** to you like that. Because they're most likely just doing it to make themselves feel better about their lives; it's a textbook case. You have to learn to ignore them; I'm still in the process of doing this myself. I'm used to being shut out and hated, so i've grown bitter and apathetic about my interaction with everyone around me. Don't let this happen to you. Never forget that there are people who care about you, you just need to see who that is.
    I turned to cutting and other stuff at one point, but a good friend or two helped me out. You have to be open enough to let people help you. See who is good to you, and stay close to them. Your true friends will always be there, if you let them.
    I'm sorry if I seem like I'm telling you what to do. I'm just relating what i've learned in my experiences, as a concerned peer. Hopefully all will work itself out. just keep the right mindset for now

11. 1) You're cute. To hell with mean comments.

2) You've been thru some tough times, and you're going through the toughest years of your life right now. It gets better.

3) Occupy your time and your mind with something healthy like playing your bass. Gives you something to focus on and .... practice makes you - know - what

:)

12. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.

I think thats what she means. I didnt realy understand what she meant in her post. But then I read her sig. It kinda speaks for it self.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Is that really what cutting is?

If so, you have no reason to. It just leads to more problems. Besides the risk of dmaging your body, you can severely damage your mind and heart.

If you are cutting your self in the first place, you must feel that something is wrong if you feel like you need to cause harm to yourself. By giving in to those feelings, you are making it worse. You have to be strong and realize that you are better than that, and that there is nothing worng with you.

We all have low points in out lives, its nothing new. Just try to see things as they really are. Not that bad.

Peace
    Nick

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    what everyone else said....being a teen is difficult, but it is by far, NOT the end of the world. being a first class geek in high school myself (imagine that, right?), i'm pretty sure i can say that with confidence. you have it within yourself to have a very successful life. blowing off what many people say is crap is easier said than done, but you have to first feel confident about yourself. if indeed you are cutting yourself, you _really_ need to seek help...if you are being abused, you _really_ need to alert the proper authorities so that action can be taken to get you back on track. seeking help is difficult, too, but once you acknowledge the problem, you're half way there. uglier than ass? please..... :rolleyes: that's just garbage

15. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
  16. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah i get everything but the cuts.. I am sorry if you are going through a rough time, but if you are cutting yourself and posting pics on the internet of them, you should really look for help

17. odie

odie Supporting Member

:)lesfleanut-The Lame-ass Hairdo Guy who wears acrylic sweaters always knows how to brighten a day.;)

That was awesome!!!

John and others really nailed it.
    We all have had some down times in our lives some worse than others. It will end and it will pass. You'll be stronger afterwards.

Alot of us have needed help at one point or another, including me. It helps.

You have a online diary?? If so in this world unfortunately you will be criticised and picked on. That maybe just looking for trouble.

18. Being a teen as well, I understand how you feel. Life can be very difficult. But, you've got to realize: there are many asses in the world, who just want to put other people down to make themselves look better.

But, there are others who want to be your friend for who you are. My suggestion is to hold on to these people. (And not let go;) )

And Kazzles, you are not ugly. Don't let any say you are ugly, cause they are wrong. You're an Uber-Hottie. :)

19. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Jeez, that's rough. Let me tell you, being a teenager, 15 to be precise, People can be grade A @$$holes. People have made fun of me from the way I look to the way my hair stands on end. All I can say is that you gotta let it roll of your back. As far as the abuse goes, Go to the cops, Go to a Teacher, Go to Someone, it makes you no less respectable than you already are. about the cutting thing, STOP IT, it's not healthy and it's not a joke. You could hurt yourself really bad or god forbid worse. Just stick through and you'll be fine. anytime you need soemone to talk to, my email is in my profile.

-Josh

20. On the "see a doctor" comment. That is not so easy. Although i guess you have admitted it so you've taken that first step. I am trying to get my gf to tell people (apart from me) about her 3 years of abuse... but she is scared. So scared. As you would be.

*shrugs* but its different for some people.

:D:D

Merls

Oh yeah, ignore what people say. I do.. I dont give a F..... i am me.. deal with it... so to speak. ;)