Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

People at my guitar center are so stupid!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Dec 14, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    So, i picked up a cabinet from there, and i said i needed a speaker cable with 2 speakons, about 5 feet. They said they had one in the warehouse. 10 minues later, "oh, i guess we don't have it...". So, i got a cable which is speakon to 1/4" (my amp has 1/4" and speakon). So I go home, hook it up. nothing. Turns out the cable is wired wrong. Its wired for mono bridged or something like that. So i try to take it apart to rewire the speakon, and its glued closed!

I had volleyball tonight and my mom was going shopping, so I sent a note with her saying:

' 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable, 5 ft. '

You know what they sold her? An instrument cable. With two mono jacks on each end. One end marked red, one marked black. :mad:

Now I have to spend another 10 bucks on gas to drive a half hour there and back. :scowl:

I wish there was a better store less than an hour away...

2. Just order from Bayou Cables. He doesn't get things wrong. AND he's cheaper than GC is.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If you don't have anyplace good within an hour drive, start shopping online. Believe it or not, it is pretty easy. ;)

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Never send a woman to do a man's job.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    :eyebrow:

6. I personally think that Rhonda Smith could kick us to the curb chops wise...

7. OUCH! :eek:

8. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    I think music stores should hire musicians. I shop elsewhere. :D

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    with such a descriptive note that you left your mom, i don't know how they could have screwed it up.

:rolleyes:

10. I think Kelly Lee had a little better advice than that... Doh! :eyebrow:

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think this is his mother's way to teach him to get his own damn cables. :p

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    :D

13. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    +1.

Butch is the man.

14. Do you mean customers, or the people that work there?

;)

Randy

15. funkslap89,I noticed your from Albany NY area..so am I...go to PARKWAY MUSIC on rte.9 in Clifton Park..you must know where that is??? they're great to deal with.....run by WORKING MUSICANS for working musicans..

16. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah i love that place... only, its a rare occasion that my parents are ever up that way. I actually live 20 minutes south of albany, so it isn't exactly around the corner. Now that i have my licence, I'll be heading up there a bit more often. Maybe i'll see you there! :bassist:

17. I can't get the men at Guitar Center off of me. :D

Must be different where I live.