1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

People attending profressional sporting events.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have noticed something strange while watching sports on TV. Many time when the camera shows clips of the crowd before and after commercials, a majority of the people have these bland expressionless looks at their faces.

I know they shell out a lot of money to attend these events, couldn't at least pretend to look enthused?

2. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    Eh, they're probably just drunk.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    It's before and after commercials, which means the game is paused for a TV-time-out, or between innings or periods or quarters or what have you. There is no action going on at the time, so there's not need to be excited. I get what you're saying though. With the price a lot of pro sporting events command, you should be getting all your money's worth having a great time.

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    You're probably right. But some of these people just look miserable, almost as if they were dragged there.

I suppose if you were to photograph anyone in a candid moment, they would look the same.

5. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Depends on the crowd...:)

6. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Lots of the stadiums show commercials during TV timeouts, which could account for the boredom. Or, they could be watching baseball.

7. the games are paused for commercials over there?

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Yes sir, hockey especially.