People ever hate you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    For no good reason?

I've got some time off from work this week so I've been contacting some old friends. 2 of my old friends, who by no coincidence live with each other (I hooked them up when one needed a roommate) seem to have decided they're not talking to Joe Nerve.

Douchebags! Just had to get that out before continuing....

One of the guys I played bass for a while back, for hire, and when he couldn't afford to pay me anymore I still did a couple of shows - but his stuff lost its priority because I had other gigs that were either paying or that I already had more of a comitment with. He was cool with it (at the time), and I carried on supporting his music, talking every month or so - I got him a couple of shows with The Nerve!. Was always real supportive. Now about 6 months ago I tried to contact him, he wouldn't return my calls, I emailed him, and he sent back some gibberish that I didn't understand about him being sick of people who have more important things to do that support his music. At least that's what I thought he was trying to say. Still wasn't even sure if he was angry with me. Anyhow - I emailed him again, and he's clearly ignoring me.

Went to his website and noticed that he listed a cd that I recorded with him and it says all the instruments are played by him. Hmmm.....

I'm just venting. Writing too much, but this crap is eating at me cuz I've never been anything but supportive of this guy. His roomate is doing the same - his roomate and I were best friends for about 6 years. Played in a band with him for a while that just kinda fell aprat. What's up with people????

I gotta just let it go. Some people are gonna hate me. Gee, I even hate myself some of the time. Vent done. Any of ya'll ever go through this crap?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not since high school. :eek:

3. D. Rumble

D. Rumble

Feb 15, 2005
    The Big Snapple

I hate you too. Figured I'd just be straightforward about it...

4. Same, not since the last time I attended high school. Crap that was today...
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You should talk to Latimour. He's an expert in this field.

brad cook
  6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've been in pretty much the same situation. The only difference is, and I'm not joking, the dude said straight to my face "I hate you and never want to see you again."

He's 7 or 8 years older than I am. It's probably not my place to say it, but that's pretty immature.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My pseudo-ex-girlfriend's ex-boyfriend hated my guts for no reason other than the fact that she broke up with him for me, and she was actually happy with me. Frankly, I think the kid and I would've gotten along pretty well, he's a drummer, and I'm obviously a bassist with the same taste in music. His loss.

Guess that's what I get for kissing the girl I love.
  8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    How dare you! :smug:
  9. Yeah, probably.
  10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Me too. I guess I get along ok with most everyone, but there are people at this college that just drive me up a wall, and I'm sure I do the same to them.

Joe, you get your group of friends and have a few beers and a manly-man steak, and you'll realize that if a few dumbasses hate you, it doesn't matter.
  11. I have the tendency of really pissing people off, apparently. Especially musicians, lol. I am a nice guy, really, but I'll admit that I am a flawed human being with the inability to fully censor himself. I have the wonderful talent of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. And whoever said honesty was the best policy must have never tried it - it sucks.

Anyway, I used to play with a drummer / musician in the day - played in several projects together, were very close. But one day he said, in effect, I just don't like you anymore and I haven't heard from him since, EXCEPT when he dropped off a CD he did, which had a recording of a song he wrote about me with the song title changed from "Song for a Friend" to "Acquaintance." OUCH.
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    All the time, the trick is to not give a crap.
  13. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have had it happen a few times.

i think it usually results from some sort of miscommunication or wrongly perceived actions.

there was one person in my past that thought they knew something about that was wrong. i tried talking to them about didnt help. so i moved on.

i have another friend who for some reason will sporadically decided that i dont need to be her friend anymore and then a year later will try to get in contact with me again.

like Toasted said, "dont give a crap." i dont have time nor the inclination to deal with other peoples psychological problems when they are trying to bring me down.
  14. :eek:

I went through that EXACT SAME SCENARIO.

The kid was a drummer too... wow.
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Or take one as well.

brad cook
  16. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I don't know about hating me, but they sure seem to get frustrated with me. ;)
  17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Guess so..

18. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    No wonder he hates you guys, you keep stealing his women. Before long he's going to have a wicked hate on for all bassists, and I haven't even had the opportunity to steal his girl yet!

As for people hating me with no reason, it might have happened but I'm likely not perceptive enough to pick up on it. In the cases where I have noticed people hating me, I'm pretty sure I gave them a good reason or two.

In my mind, anybody who wants to get along with everybody is probably selling something.

19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

" nobody loves me , everybody hates me ,
    think i'll go out and eat some worms ..."