Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

people who claim the holocaust was a hoax

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My final conclusion is that these people are all a bunch of closet neonazis. Of course 6million people couldn't have simply just been made up as a part of some crazy hoax.

I heard about this somewhere and decided to do some reading about it a few months ago. I looked for information coming from both sides of this argument (finding anything genuinely unbiased=impossible). One thing that struck me as odd was that although the obvious closet neo nazis had come up with some very imaginative lies (of course I'm "assuming" that they're lies) to support their claims, the people on the other side of this argument didn't have much of anything bright to say. That dissapointed me. For example, one person actually said, "Denying that the holocaust is historical fact is like denying that Jesus Christ being the son of God is a historical fact." Others didn't have much to say other than, "I've seen pictures of the concentration camps, and that proves that the holocaust really happened. " These people seriously brought down my faith in the human race, they were sofa king retarded they almost had me siding with the cnn's, as I'll call them for short.

I'm posting this primarily because I want people who believe in the attrocities of the holocaust to be represented by at least one halfway sane person. I would assume that this won't stir up a bunch of unnecessary contravercy, and hopefully there wasn't just a discussion about this here.

2. People who claim that the holocaust was a hoax should watch the History channel more often. Being born in former West Germany in 1951 I watched each and every documentary on German tv relating to this subject, which was shown in lenghty details to remind people of the horrors and destruction of the Nazi regime. Even though I was born 6 years after WWII was over, and my grand father spent time in a concentration camp for just being a Christian Democrat and not willing to become a Nazi party member, I personally feel a certain amount of guilt.

3. Yeah, I think the fact that there are so many survivers from the holocaust still today is all the proof people should need. The neo nazi propaganda is very imaginative, though. They don't say the whole thing was made up, they basically just say that the gas chambers were never used. They acknowledge the herding together and otherwise horrible treatment of people, but they say the only people who died, died of starvation and illness, which would of couse have been very common. And they point out that 6 million is a really big number, but that's a double edged sword, if you know what I mean. And then there's a bunch of excess scientific garble that seems worded as if to confuse, and after all that, as if the neo nazis have not already made themselves obvious enough, something like, "The Jews recieve billions of dollars in donations every year from countries all over the planet, THIS MUST END."

4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    The Neo-Nazis don't deny the holocaust happened, they just say the real number of murdered is closer to 1 million than it is to 6. No less horrible though.

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Hahaha. That's very funny to me.

6. Do they? The stuff I was reading was not any kind of admittedly hate-group oriented stuff, and they may have acknowledged some systematic killing with guns or something like that. The bulk of the info was scientific from most sources, and I don't think any of them even attempted to answer questions like, were these people tortured or not etc.

7. ah, whatever. it doesn't take much effort to claim something is a hoax. i could claim that china is a hoax. i've never been there.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've been claiming spoons are a hoax for years. I keep telling people, and then they say "psh." Then I ask them to show me a spoon, they can't. They always say "Let me go home and get one," and I'm all, "But you can get a fake one by then."

Spoons don't exist, neither do Thursdays. I can prove this using pyhsics and the phenomenon known as the Bob Sherman Effect.

9. Yeah, come to think of it there's no room for China. Mongolia is way too big.

10. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Brendan, if there's no thursday... what's going to happen tomorrow?! :eek:

11. Can you use physics to explain spitty slurpy and the moonwalk?

Humans rule, dolphins can suck it!

12. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    ITBL

1. Purchase a supporting membership;

2. Take it to the lounge.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can personally vouch for China. Can't say a thing for Denmark though.

brad cook

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Friday.

Here's how it works: Space and time are curved, this we know. Now this arc, being curved has to have an apex, a place where the parabola is at it's peak, right? We also know that it's a parabola with a definite apex, since time isn't circular. We're not in 1800 again, and I don't think we will be any time soon.

So, it has to curve around something, right? It curves around "Thursdays" which, much like quarks, are talked about to no end, but we haven't actually seen them. We can see their effects (in this care Wednesday and Friday), but not the actual object in question.

Time and space curve around Thursday. This was discovered in high school, when it was realized everyone asks "What's today?" On Friday or Wednesday. Nobody could remember when it was Thursday. And when it was, they often asked "Is today Thursday?" when in fact, it was Wednesday.

Thusly, it is believed that Thursdays are in fact, a lie. This is called the Bob Sherman effect, simply because the name "The Bob Sherman Effect" amused all those involved.

There is no spoon, nor are there Thursdays.

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Medic- You have PM. Second thread closed in 2 minutes. READ THE RULES!!! If not stay off of TB!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.