1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

People who own a warwick double buck..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DLI848, Mar 20, 2010.

1. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
    What do the switches on the double buck do exactly? I'm thinking about picking up one of those basses.

2. I would assume switch between both, and 1 or the other pickup.

3. jaibot

jaibot

May 11, 2009
    central new jersey
    i played one and they're 3 position
    i think its series parallel and single coil

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    They are a 3 way switch for each pickup. It lets you select between series and parallel modes for the double coil, or lastly, just a single coil. So therefore you should be able to get MM type tone in series/parallel double coil modes, and J sounds in single coil mode.

When I tried one I liked the range of tones, but couldn't get on with the massive volume jumps between the different modes. Doesn't suit my way of playing.

5. My biggest problem with the $$ is the pickup height. Every time i go to slap my palm rests on the low string and it hits the pickup. Im sure this can be adjusted to some degree...but, theyre just so HOT.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020