Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

People who work in music stores...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jucas, May 9, 2004.

1. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    ...I have a question for you. Everytime I order something from a music store (anywhere, and there has been several) They always tell me how long it'll take to get whatever I'm looking for in, then that time usually triples before I hear from them again. The most recent one, they talked to their suplier, who had my bass in stock, and now its been about three times what they said I should have to wait. If anyone knows (and I know there are proby lots of reasons) why is this? Do the supliers just take a long time to do anything, or do they just not get around to ordering things for a while?

(not trying to sound angry, just curious as most other industries I've delt with are pretty accurate with shipping times)

Chris

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    They're idiots. End of story. They over-promise and under-deliver.

Typically if a supplier has something in stock, they can get it to the store within 10 business days FROM THE TIME THAT THE ORDER IS PLACED. I would be willing to be that your orders are sitting around too long, and then once they are placed, it's out of stock.

Anybody who works in a store should know that they should always give a worst case scenario. If it arrives early, the customer is happy. If they tell them it will be in 3 days and it takes two weeks, they're a goat.