People will try to sell anything

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Nov 1, 2004.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The school district in which I work has a district wide computer bulletin board that basically serves solely as a massive garage sale. People will try to sell anything on this thing.

Today this was posted:
    An incomplete pair of crappy guitar strings?! Wrapped in "plactic" no less! Just throw them away, people!! Are you really that desperate for a dollar?!

Another lady put up like 25 different ads in a row. Some of the things she was selling were shower gel, a wastebasket, a sink strainer, misc. eating utensils, a mailbox, allergy syringes and "2 small black round plastic balls .25 each" (the subject of that ad was "FS: Balls"). Wow...this really IS a virtual garage sale.

One of my all-time favorites though is the lady that was selling two cemetary plots. Get 'em while you're hot!

There was another guy, a teacher mind you, looking for a "message therapist" because he was doing a science fair project on the benefits of "message therapy."

Anyone have anything like this where you work? Feel free to share any funny or absurd ads that you come across.

brad cook
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    browse the ads on craigslist. I have seen people selling crap like that too. One that comes to mind was a lady selling some old coffee mugs for .50 each.

Where I work, there is an ad on the board in the employee lounge advertising people to "come spend the Holidays at our home" from someone in the building. They have their house all decorated for the holidays. The kicker is you have to pay for the privilege to walk around their house and check out their place......$7 per person!

3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    That sounds like the holiday spirit to me.
  4. You just reminded me that I owe one dollar to my neighbor for a used dustpan. :p
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Crazy bastards.
  6. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Sometimes I put up fake ads, posters and pictures. I like bringing a little joy to the world.