Perfect bass lines...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by twodinners, May 20, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Fondly remembered and well worth studying I feel.

Slave to the Rhythmn - Trevor Horn and featuring the inimitable Grace Jones.

Trevor plays the bass on this at his tribute concert, picking away on a drop (Eb) tuned Precision.

I just love this track, it has so many real turns that every aspiring groove player should look to. It has space and feel and redefines very logically where the funk is.

Look out for the lovely bar of 3 in the second verse and the maj 7 #11 in the outro chorus's.

Just peachy, it goes on my into the fire crematorium list.

And top bloke, right at the end pays tribute to Louis Jardine who put the bass part down and ended up with a tambourine.

Nicely played Trevor, now only if you could move like the Munch.

And... Paul Robinson, a fabulous kit player that works here with many friends of mine and spent many years with Nina Simone.

Best wishes all, I'd like to hear about your thoughts on Trevors bass parts, they've always rocked and suprised me (Seal, etc.)

And profound apologies if this is all well trodden ground.

I'll get my coat.

Kevin

2. Talkbassers,

Last addendum,

Trevor Horns production on Seals 'Survive', that bass part that 'loses' the one (plays 'and' of one) is just sublime.

Must stop now,

Kevin

3. Do you mean "Crazy"...

4. Of course I do, thanks Blunt.

5. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    God, what a tone! Precisions rule. Trevor is one tasteful player Excellent!

6. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Perfect bass line for me is Led Zeppelin's Lemon Song

it is just perfect for this song, i never get tired of listening to it..

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021