1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Perfect Portable Headphones

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DudeistMonk, Apr 2, 2009.

1. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I'm searching for the perfect headphones, any suggestions...

Criteria:

1) No in ear (they always hurt with extended listening/fall out all the time)

2) I like the kind that clip/hook on the back of your ears, but I'll make exceptions for amazing sound.

3) Cable length is important (has to be at least my height 5-6 feet)

4) Durability is important

5) Sound especially bass is important

6) I will pay $$$ for the perfect phones.

I use these right now...

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10555&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665157967

Which I bought because a previous model which looked like these but had better bass, and a nylon cased long cable (the cable on these doesn't even reach my pocket) was the best pair of phones I ever had.

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    What are you going to use them for? Koss SportaPros are decent for sports. Good bass too - almost too much.

3. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I generally have 2 sets of headphones at any given time...

1 pair of studio phones for playin bass and listening in my room (which also need replacing but that's another thread) and 1 pair for iPOD listening on the go and at work (I'm keeping the ones I have now with my laptop in case I need them)

So I basically want them for hiking/the gym/sitting at my desk at work...

right now my top pick is http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/street-style/sennheiser-pmx-200.php closed ear for more bass/not bothering my co-workers.