1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Perfect Tube amp to pair with a Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Hey guys,

I am looking into 3 possible cabs from Schroeder; the 1212; 21012, and the 410. While all will respond differently which one favors a tube amp most? I would be inclined toward the 410 since I don't need REDICULOUS low end fundamentals. With that being said - what are some great examples of tube heads that work well with the Schroeder 410 (although starting with a 1212 and the getting another might be right up my alley, the super 412 Aggie killer!) I have seen a peavey Classic 400 on here and I've heard of a guy using a 1210 with a Traynor YBA200. My price is sub $1000. Ok let me have it! BTW I am going for optimum stage volume for you average NYC CLub. - Room filling bass wouldn't hurt either :D

Thanks guys,
    Mike

2. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    bump

3. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    A used Mesa 400+ should come it at under 1000 and they sound great. I've never used a Schroeder but I'm sure that would be a wonderful combo. Tube stuff is expensive so you'll want to buy used to keep it under 1K.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    depends on way too many things.

If I was just doing low volume stuff and knew I always would have a PA for support, I'd still use the Sunn Sceptre I sold to "The 0x". 60ish watts and it sang through my 1210.

You all know what my current rig is.... The Peavey is a great head, over 400 watts of CLEAN tube output is an amazing thing IMHO. The Peavey was my #3 choice.... A Trace V8 and V6 were # 1 & 2 :bassist: and an old 6550 loaded Boogie 400 would be #4

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    James, how far up do you have to set your volume knob when playing a club gig with that rig, and what kind of gear does your band use?

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    unfortunately I quit my bandjust after getting it all together. With them and the classic rock cover thing I'm in now I've not needed more then 4 on the Volume knob.

The gear I was against in my old band was a Boogie 2x12 tube combo and an RMX2450 powered PA...

The new thing is a vintage fender twin reverb, a Peavey KB300, a marshall Vintage reissue combo and a couple of 2x15 PA towers.

No killers by any stretch... but I could bury the bands if I didn't know how to control my volume.

For me, this set up is all about Clean, 3 dimentional, alive, open, HiFi...... that will bite if you tell it to. I'm ~$600 into the head... there is one on eBay now for the same.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm hoping this is true.

I have the 400+...just waiting for the 1210...should have enough $$$ in the next week or two! Then I'ma gonna get rid of my 4x10 and use the 1210 and my SB112.