Perfect Tube amp to pair with a Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Hey guys,

I am looking into 3 possible cabs from Schroeder; the 1212; 21012, and the 410. While all will respond differently which one favors a tube amp most? I would be inclined toward the 410 since I don't need REDICULOUS low end fundamentals. With that being said - what are some great examples of tube heads that work well with the Schroeder 410 (although starting with a 1212 and the getting another might be right up my alley, the super 412 Aggie killer!) I have seen a peavey Classic 400 on here and I've heard of a guy using a 1210 with a Traynor YBA200. My price is sub $1000. Ok let me have it! BTW I am going for optimum stage volume for you average NYC CLub. - Room filling bass wouldn't hurt either :D

Thanks guys,
  2. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    A used Mesa 400+ should come it at under 1000 and they sound great. I've never used a Schroeder but I'm sure that would be a wonderful combo. Tube stuff is expensive so you'll want to buy used to keep it under 1K.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    depends on way too many things.

If I was just doing low volume stuff and knew I always would have a PA for support, I'd still use the Sunn Sceptre I sold to "The 0x". 60ish watts and it sang through my 1210.

You all know what my current rig is.... The Peavey is a great head, over 400 watts of CLEAN tube output is an amazing thing IMHO. The Peavey was my #3 choice.... A Trace V8 and V6 were # 1 & 2 :bassist: and an old 6550 loaded Boogie 400 would be #4
  4. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    James, how far up do you have to set your volume knob when playing a club gig with that rig, and what kind of gear does your band use?
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    unfortunately I quit my bandjust after getting it all together. With them and the classic rock cover thing I'm in now I've not needed more then 4 on the Volume knob.

The gear I was against in my old band was a Boogie 2x12 tube combo and an RMX2450 powered PA...

The new thing is a vintage fender twin reverb, a Peavey KB300, a marshall Vintage reissue combo and a couple of 2x15 PA towers.

No killers by any stretch... but I could bury the bands if I didn't know how to control my volume.

For me, this set up is all about Clean, 3 dimentional, alive, open, HiFi...... that will bite if you tell it to. I'm ~$600 into the head... there is one on eBay now for the same.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm hoping this is true.

I have the 400+...just waiting for the 1210...should have enough $$$ in the next week or two! Then I'ma gonna get rid of my 4x10 and use the 1210 and my SB112.