Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Perfect

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    man, this just goes to show that no matter how bad a situation looks, it can always get better like you never imagined.

last night, i was gonna ask this girl out, but the place were gonna meet, ( the bowling alley tish a bunch of people) she didn't show...at first i thought she just blew me off...but then she showed up, looking beautiful...needless to say i didn't really waste time, pulled her aside after everyone said hi, then give her her gift, asked her out, and obviously i wouldn't be writing this if she didn't say yes...the she gave me a kiss...needless to say by now i was already high, (not on drugs)...even though she had to leave after that...it was the perfect way to start the new year (this was about 2:30 AM)

maybe last night just hasn't worn off yet, but im so happy

did anyone else ask sumone out last night?? any stories similar to mine??

bp13

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    high on life? :D

("off-topic" is kinda the "personal gossip" forum at the moment, eh?)

3. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    actually, my girlfriend and i got together last new years. i had the same "high" feeling, it was great. she invited me to a a new years party at her friends, and we talked the whole time, and decided we like each other, and got together. we're still together, jsut celebrated one year. good luck, hope you're last just as long! and congrats!

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

seems to be that way doesn't it??

:D

bp13

5. OneCoolDog

OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    New Years Party last night. Met a really nice girl.. nothing more than that <i>yet</i>. We'll see how this turns out. :)

6. i hate all you people in relationships.:mad:
    i hate love. love sucks.:mad:

yeah. that's right. i'm bitter AND resentful.

7. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Me too!!

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    lol, i hear ya FLOYD, I'm not bitter though. I just realize how much relationships suck, so I stay away from all that sorta stuff. Anyway. Glad someone had a good New Years.

9. i'm not bitter because relationships suck; i'm bitter because the girl i'm in love with doesn't have the same feelings for me, and she's with someone else, and every time i see them together (which is kinda quite a bit) or when she talks about him i die inside just a bit more. She knows how i feel; she says she loves and adores me, but she's not in love with me. as of now, we're just friends. but i'd still die for her. It sucks, because she's the only person i've ever felt a connection with, that i've related too, that made me want to live and struggle to make it in this world. she is my world.
    so i hate love; because my love is not returned. and i hate relationships (or people who have them ) because i don't have the relationship i want/need.
    man, i need to get a journal or something and stop unloading all of my typical pent-up teen-angst crap here. you guys must be sick of this garbage, huh?

edit: ps...arapunk-your signature is great

10. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I second that...Don't believe in it anymore...Bitter here as well.

Sorry to reign on your parade, but congradulations, I really do hope it all turns out ok...Good luck;)

11. don't you mean "rain" on his parade?;)
    bitterness = the way to go:D

:(

12. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    I didn't experience it first hand, but my big sister got engaged to her boyfirend of 7 years when the clock struck midnight. Finally, he is gonna be my brother. :D

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So - this is where you act like the unelected head of state and presumably stand on some kind of podium or platform and wave at the passing parade, in a regal manner? ;)

14. good for you. glad to hear it. and for those of you who do not believe in love and are bitter (lol), well, wait until the right person walks in your life. wait until the love bug bites you on the butt, (lol). wait until someone who is real and not a fake comes into your life, then you will have to admit love is great, :D . really though, glad for you. and watch for those love bug bites. lol

15. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I am glad that all went well for you. And I would like to apologize for my negativity. That was wrong and very selfish of me...Darn...It seems I have been apologizing an awful lot today. Anyway, glad things worked out for you and I hope it continues to do so.

Thanks Bruce, for letting me know of my "bitterness";)

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Eh - I didn't even mention it!! :confused:

17. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Oh, my bad...I read between the line...the wrong way apparently...Am I forgivin'?

18. Elbow, Elbow, Wrist, Wrist.

:D

Rock on
    Eric

19. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Elbow, wrist, wrist,....wait, nope thats wrong...wrist, elbow, wrist...nope, that's not it either...Darn it!! I Can't seem to get it...:p