1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Performance 6 string with Sadowsky pre VTC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Gigs have been so slow the last 2 months. I just got this bass finished the way I like it too. Sadowsky Tokyo preamp and added vintage tone control. I had Yas at Performance bass wind me 2 custom single coil PU's (70's position) for the bass so now it cuts. Split coils sounded muddy to me especially for slap playing. Swamp ash body (10lbs total), maple neck with binding and blocks. Hipshot tuners and brass Badass style Performance bridge. 19 mm spacing at the bridge and 21 frets so slapping is killer. I tried 24 fret 6 strings (F bass BN6) and the neck is just too long for slap playing. there are a few dings but nothing serious. This is a players bass and fuggin smokes! It's basically a Sadowsky 6 string bass. Here are a couple pics. More on request. I have over $2800 into the bass. Comes with a Performance bass gig bag. No trades please. I am fuggin broke!! $2200 shipped. Thanx.

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    There was another Performance 6 string for sale here recently but this is a different bass. I purchased this on ebay about 6 months ago. Mine is the one in the youtube video that was floating around.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    WOAH

4. Sexay bump.

5. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    the top.

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I need dough so make some offers. I could be interested in trades as long as I can get $1k in cash too. Bills are stacking up. I promise, you wont be disappointed. It will get a fresh set of DR Fatbeams when it gets shipped.

7. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    $1900 plus shipping? :help:

8. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    This is a steal and the same thing I wanted done to my Performance. Someone buy it so I won't have to sell something to get it.

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, this bass sounds killer. I'm having some serious anxiety getting rid of it. You can take this bass on any gig and get the tone you are looking for and the passive tone is such a quick way of dialing in a tone on the fly. If this doesn't go by this weekend I'm gonna keep it and sell some other studio gear. I'm losing some serious cash with this price.

10. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Played a couple of gigs with the bass this weekend and decided I'm keeping it for now. Looks like money is tight cuz I thought this would be long gone. Thanx for the interest though.

11. It's super hot, but many here don't play sixers.

12. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I guess you are right. This bass was an experiment of mine to have a Sadowsky style bass but a 6 string version. I could take it to any style gig and get the tone I was looking for. It's exactly what it does and for sight reading gigs it is so nice to have 6 strings. Makes life much easier. Work is picking back up so I think I'll keep it. I hate to lose that much dough on a bass deal. Seems like we bass players may be tightening up our budgets like everyone else.

13. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I wish I had the cheddar to help you out. That is one nice looking bass!:)

14. I hear ya!!

That 4-digit realm/potential doesn't come along too often (especially when your last gig was in November!).

And now with the new job, the gigs will be few and far between, so the expenditure can't be justified.

From one 6 player to another, enjoy it!!

Z

15. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Good luck with the new gig. thanx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.