performance apparell

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by scottcat, Jan 24, 2018.

1. scottcat

scottcat

Dec 12, 2014
    none
    So what do you wear if you are a old, fat, bald guy who still loves to rock ? I mean i'm not hideous, just aging appropriately, you know?

nixdad likes this.
  2. Clothes....

3. In all seriousness though, dark jeans with a dark t-shirt will get you through most gigs. If it's a bit fancier, a dark button up shirt paired with dark jeans.

4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    For a Rock gig, “shop” style clothes are comfortable and look pretty cool. Extra points for a name tag on the shirt and a wallet chain. :cool:

CapnSev and JMacBass65 like this.
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Dark/Dark has always worked for me..... but I still have a full head of hair at 50.
    ws5.png

6. I ask myself the same thing, dark pants seem to do the trick, with a t-shirt with a message on it that not everyone gets !

bound'n'blocked likes this.
  7. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    IMG_3663.JPG IMG_3807.JPG Trilby hat to cover the bald, shirt and tie and suit to cover the belly.

Beej, MYLOWFREQ, HolmeBass and 13 others like this.
  8. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    I have hair, albeit thinner and less up there while being ever-more disturbingly thick and bushy from four out of five openings around the head. I believe I'd just go shaved if (or when) it gets to serious balding, and just own it, rather than go with the "hat I don't want to take off to conceal my baldness" look. I already explained the reasons for being de-faced in the before&after gigs thread. There's a thankfully non-obvious detail about the second picture in that thread as well. Let's not bring it up here.

Shirt, sweater, slacks. No mistaking me for a slim person, but then, there never is.
    beaux-20at-20holiday-20party-5-copy-jpg.jpg
    The slovenly worst-dressed member of the band look. T-shirt and Carhartts. One to remember so as not to repeat; forgot to think about clothes in the rush to get there on time, so I went with what I was wearing. A shirt upgrade would have done enough (I did have a different sweater over this, but it was WAY too warm in the room so I had to peel or melt.)
    20171212_172307-copy-jpg.jpg

gorneyg and Old Blastard like this.
  9. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    IMG_0338.JPG Derek Smalls is in his sixties now, and has always known just what to wear on stage.

10. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    For the Win! :laugh:

11. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show In Memoriam

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I was gonna comment, but it's all over now. Leopard Spandex and Tiny Leather Bedazzled Vest.

12. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Dark jeans, and either a t shirt with blazer, or dark button down shirt with (or without) tie.

13. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Can't go wrong with jeans and a black T-shirt for a rock gig. Bald? Just add a hat.

14. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    All black and a bass and maybe a beard?

dusty.jpg

Wise(b)ass

15. Artman

Artman a.k.a. Eddy Garcia Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Georgetown, TX
    Dusty Hill is always a thread winner.

16. A good pair of jeans and a fresh black tshirt go a long way.

17. lfmn16

lfmn16 Inactive

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Shorts, no shirt, bare feet, hat, sunglasses and don't forget your music stand. :D

MYLOWFREQ, JRA, McG and 3 others like this.
  18. Madhouse27

Madhouse27

Sep 19, 2016
    Have you looked at any wigs?

19. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Man, you left me NONE of the stereotypes to pick on!!!! :spit:

Oh, wait. A stool!!!!! You need a stool!!!!
    :bassist:

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA