Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Performance questions for the Avatar B410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RoosterRusek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. RoosterRusek

RoosterRusek

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga
    To all dudes, dudettes and those in between, I am considering purcahsing an Avatar B410 to replace my (continuing) blown hartke 410XL. I have been reading many good things about them but wanted opinions from more of the bass community before I make the leap into the abyss of factory direct. Seems like for the money, power and tone comments I have been reading it is quite a bargain. But if anyone has had experience playing through the Avatar B410 with a low B and can give me a report that would be supremely helpful.. Thanks

2. Go for it. And I bet you, it would beat the crap out of a Hartke any day;) :bassist:

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I picked up a B410 last summer (back in the days when they only costeded 250 bucks!). The B string is certainly loud enough, altho I think I'm hearing more overtones than the actual fundamental of the note. BUT, the human ear will trick you into thinking it sounds rich and full anyways, so same difference.

I got this for a gigging rock amp, and it performs excellently. Not afraid to ding it up or put a Coke on top of it.

4. I own one of the new 2003 three B410s, and you can definately hear the low B. You can distinguish a slight loss in volume, but it's still there. I personally want to add either a 212 or 115 to it to enhance the low B. However it is only an enhancment, and not required as the B410 can handle it on it's own fine.

5. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    If you have your heart set on a 410, then great.

I told Avatar what I was looking for and they recommended the 212. I have been thrilled with that cabinet as a stand alone or with the 210 I bought the same day.

If you call Avatar, at least ask about the B212.

Good luck.