Perhaps I should try my luthier's skills..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    As I have this seafoam green Squier Delonge sig lying around, I thought that perhaps I could try modding it a bit. The main complains are the paint surface which is poor and chips easily, and the replacement pup that is ment for neck position (tighter spacing). So playing around with Kisekae guitar building thingie I came up with this plan.. What do you think?
  2. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Nice so far, i really dig the dark stain and pickguard combo.

Heres a few tips for a great shred machine!

You will miss having a bridge pickup, i strongly suggest installing one.

Isntall either another humbucker or singlecoil inbetween both humbuckers. HHH/HSH pup configs rule!:bassist:

Tone knob!
    Pickup selector switch!
    Scallop the last 5 fret positions!:bassist:
    Gold plated hardware! (that means no tophat knobs)

If you don't like those suggestions, i suggest to do them anyway and send me the final product!:bassist:
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    You sure you play bass :confused: :p

I'd prefer a simple rock machine more than a shredder, it's has a Seymour Duncan '59 pup which is bit more towards rock'n'roll anyways. And extra pups would add extra cost, now it would be just pup frame, pickguard and um, woodwax instead of stain if that stuff comes in black. It's not impossible to add another pup though!
  4. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Gold tophat knobs are available, I just ordered some for a cousin.
  5. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    not much anymore.:bawl: You know youve lost bass interest when you take your d string off to replace the broken low b string on your guitar.:bassist:
  6. :eek:

you die. you die and you go to hell! :mad:

7. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
  8. calm down! i guess having another guitar player around isnt so bad, besides, without you guys who would we have to make us look smart :D
  9. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Its all in good humor. I started on bass.:p
  10. drummers perhaps?

;) :D
  11. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    modding guitars is fun, becuse we don't have to worry about F'ing them up too much. do what I did with mine, add a preamp and some effects...and a bunch of extra knobs and switches and LED's.
  12. For my strat, a new Black Pearl pickguard, Little '59 pickups all 'round, and Schaller tuners. Plus Graphite saddles and a bone nut. Much better soundsing, and only cost about $200 all told.

Rock on