Perhaps there's reason for optimism

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeff2287, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    Yay. My band might not be screwed after all. We've finally begun practicing in the guitarist's practice room which took him so long to arrange becuase of some family related trouble (I'm not at liberty to give any details, but I will say that it didn't involve him directly). Today's jam was a lot of fun, at least a lot more fun than previous practices at my house. I arrived early and the guitarist and I figured out "Time" by Pink Floyd before the keyboardist even showed up (we're just warming up with some Pink Floyd tunes so we can get used to eachother musically). After that we basically just jammed and it sounded suprisingly good (a rarity in past practices) and killed eachother in MK4 to chill out between jams, y'know, just to keep it informal. I've got high hopes now :-D.

We don't play over eachother anymore while someone's speaking, I've purchased some earplugs to solve problems of me complaining about volume (and to protect my ears in general), we aren't fighting anymore, the jamming is less pent up and tense, and we're not letting anyone drag us behind.

As an example of pushing onward, we practiced today without our potential rythm guitarist for his unreliability, and we've all agreed on one key thing, NEVER INVITE THE NONMUSICIAN FRIEND AGAIN, EVER!!! The one time he was over, he instigated a fight with the guitarist thinking he'd solve all of our problems by doing so when in fact all he did was seriously F**k up that practice. He won't be giving us any more problems, like acting as though he's in the band (that mo-fo).

2. Yeah, ignorant and childish band members are a waste of oxygen...