1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  3. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Permanent solos

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by LouisF, Jan 10, 2017.

1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    $75.00
    I have solo Permanents GDA (AEB) that are very lightly used. $75. I can throw in Xyex solo E or something else from the draw for another $20.

Thanks
    Louis

2. I may jump on these if I lock down the $150 Tyrolean three-string I'm angling on. Just FYI...

How are those Kaplan Solos treating you?

3. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I hold them for you and let you know if anything happens. They were replaced by the Kaplans's on my own converted three string - the bass seems much happier and warmer (I play them tuned down to orchestra pitch)

Here's the thread on that conversion (note Ken Smith's snarky remarks): duh... 3-string restoration photos

Nick's work is idiosyncratic, but the bass has matured beautifully and I would put it up against any Italian bass in the $40-50K range. (By the way, you beat me-- I paid $300 for mine)

Louis

PS: If I can convince the better half, I may buy back the Swanson "gullwing" (attached), with the idea of turning it into a five string. Is that any sort of project you might like to tackle? Probably not till later in the spring, but just asking.

Stay warm.

Attached Files:

KUNGfuSHERIFF likes this.
  4. Honestly, I'd love to hang with you and get my hands on that thing, but I'd be a liar if I claimed I could promise I could improve it. It's just so weird.

I'll be in touch about the Permanents, hopefully by the end of the week. Thanks much.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021