1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Personalities of drummer, guitarist, bassist etc.. :)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Demon, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    So, it really does seem that players of different instruments seem to have a certain personality.. so how is it?
    What ive catched up..
    Drummers: Immature and stupid to be short;) but fun^^
    So what about the rest, tell some stories or jokes:D

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Bassists: There's something wrong with everyone......but us.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I agree with both of the above.

guitarists: think everything they play is perfect.

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

It's been said that, inside that fauna that makes the symphonic orchestra, you can find the best sense of humor among the double bass players, while the bitterest personalities are among the French horn players.

5. My stereotype of bassists: suave introverts that mack well

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Bassists: They care more about what instruments they play than actually how they play, should spend more time on actually practice bass playing instead of talking about it... always trying to convince themself that they are the most important band member..
    always talk bad bad about guitar players, drummers and singers because they get more attention... usually the least talented band member...

bass players = bitches

:bassist:

7. That's because they're French. :hyper:

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Drummer = impulsive, physical, extroverted, party animal
    Bassist = quiet, reserved, introverted, soulful
    Keyboardist = traditional, conventional, educated
    Guitarist = intense, perfectionist, needy
    Singer = exhibitionist, narcissistic
    Accordionist = wears loud polka-dot ties :smug:

MM

9. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    bassist - introverted, quiet, soulful, on time, organized
    lead instrument (keys or guitar) - thinks there the best and right all the time, very self-conscious, hard to work with, selfish, disorganized
    drummer - LATE all the time, critical of others, not a musician

10. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Saxophonist: Wants to be the center of attention. Never met one who didn't.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In an orchestra:

string section drinks tea and eats salad before a performance

brass section drink beer and have a steak before a performance

woodwinds eat chicken or fish before a performance

I witnessed this as a kid. It was one of the most interesting things I've seen in music

11. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    Drummer - exceptionally annoying, whiney, makes impossible demands, doesn't give notice, is amazed not everyone is obsessed about drums.

Or do I just have an annoying one?

12. Zachass

Zachass Peavey Partizan

In the orchestra setting
    -DOuble bassists are always goofing off and have the best sense of humor followed by the cellists who are usually shamelessly encouraging the antics of the bassists.
    The violins are the prima donnas who usually think they are better than they are, and have the second worse time in the orchestra. Violas seem to have the best looking women in the orchestra, they know their instrument is a half cocked violin and their parts suck, so they usually are seen joking around/flirting with the cellists. Violas don't really know how to count so are consistenly lost, or following the basses at the wrong tempo.

13. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Drummer= Has no job

14. Drummers = not the smartest people in the world... every good drummer I know of is failing school. But thats probably becuase they sepend all day playing drums.

15. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Drummer= Primative, uneducated.

16. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    what is wrong with all of you people the drummer should be your best friend! :ninja:

Dave

17. vyse933

vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI

HEY! i'm a saxophone player!...and i totally agree with you, lol. that's a very true statement

18. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    pet peeve was one keyboardist in particular.................

Keyboardist: Egomaniac, in the right and never wrong, doodling non stop

19. In my current band:

Drummer = Nicest guy I've ever met. Brilliant 'give it a go' attitude. I first met him at Uni. A mate and I wanted to start a band and we couldn't find a drummer. The first words out of his mouth were "I'll give it a go" (He'd never played before, now he's great. This is our third band together).

Guitarist = Cocky, alcoholic, tends to be at the centre of stuff going wrong. Great guy to drink with, but you wouldn't trust him with either your wallet or your girlfriend. Has to put a solo in every song: not for him, but 'the music needs it'. Tend to be the last to arrive at a practice.

Singer = Laid back to the ponit of coma. Spends most of a practice pottering around and chain smoking. Does help with carrying things though.

Me = Cocky, alcoholic, tends to be on the periphary of stuff going wrong laughing my ass off at the guitarist. Second most likely to be late to a practice.

20. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I think everything I have heard about drummers is basically true. Singers as well! But I think that that whole guitar player thing is blown way out of proportion guys! Common now.. The bass is a low end guitar! All the guitar players I have met are exactly like me. They have the same goals as I do in a recording session. "Hey lets get the guitars to sound frikken bad ass! And lets make the bass sound bad ass too."

All the drummer was ever interested in was making his drums sound good.