Personalized my Metro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, May 29, 2005.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Last Tuesday, I picked up a Sadowsky Metro in Sonic Blue from the Atlanta Bass Gallery. It plays great, and sounds great, too.

The minute I got it home, I removed the Sadowsky ss rounds, and put on a set of Sadowsky flats. The very next thing I did was call up Sadowsky and order a mint pickugard, and a pickup cover.

Friday before I left for a gig, I heard a knock on the door--it was FedEx dropping off my package from Brooklyn. :hyper:

Without further ado, here's the before shot:

And, here's the after shot (I also installed my Bass Mute--I find I prefer it with a fretted, and not my fretless):

The thing played like a champ for two sets on Friday. I'm very happy with my new toy. :bassist:
  2. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    It looks sharp.
  3. sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy! :)
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I still think tort is the way to go for the pickguard.... but the mint is a great look! That is in my top 10 favorite looking basses on TalkBass now :bassist:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on your new axe, Sadowsky Rocks. :bassist:
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Eventually, I might just do that. I've got three pickguards for each of my Bongos, so I certainly don't have any problem starting a Sadowsky collection, too. :D It's a helluva lot cheaper than buying a new bass.

I thought about tort, but I couldn't really find any examples of it quickly when I tried Google.

This is what I got with a search for "sonic blue tort":

and, I didn't find it very helpful, so I stuck with mint. :D
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jason, educate me on the mute thingy, please. Will it prevent me from putting hair care contraptions on my bass?
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I enjoy the look of that mint pickguard.
  9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    awww kawai!!!

Huge bass youve got, get some clips!!!
  10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I remember telling you that tort would look better and that mint probablly wouldnt look that good...*eats words* that looks sweet!
  11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey Woodchuck... I've been wanting one of those for a long time myself.

bit pricey but about the only pro mute on the market I've found.
  12. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I dig it as well. Gives the bass a nice vintage look. Definately better than the plan white.

The tort is nice as well. Hard to go wrong with a tort, period. However, I think the mint may have it beat with this bass (tort comes in a close second, though).
  13. Awesome. Changes look phenominal!
  14. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    very nice bass, and the cover looks great. The mute contraption is not for me though. I'd stick a small piece of foam under strings when needed.
  15. Awesome bass. The mint guard looks awesome.

On a side note I have one of those mutes on my Ovation Magnum II

To buy one from that website is about 1/4 of what my uncle payed for the bass itself
  16. Beautiful, just beautiful!!!
  17. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    The mint green pick guard was a very good move. I'm not a fan of pickup covers so you don't need my opinion on that. Great looking bass though.
  18. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Lemme ask, is the string mute screwed on or taped on? I've been looking at getting one but don't really want to drill into my bass, so I'd rahter tape it on but don't know quite how well it'll hold.