Personnel changes in the Astros organization...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassic83, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I expect we will trade Lidge for a couple of groundskeepers, Bags is going to retire, as is Biggio, Clemens will split, Pettite will get traded, Ausmus as well.
    Backe is safe, Astacio will go. Looks like our next 44 years will be rebuilding the team.

I also look for Garner to be fired tonite or tomorrow morning at the earliest, to be replaced by Bagwell or Clemens.

Anybody else wanna hazard a guess as to who goes and who stays?
  2. Biggio has already re-signed for next season. Pettite doesn't want to leave Houston...the whole reason he came here was to spend half of his season with his kids.

I suspect we're getting rid of Everett and one of our outfielders for some hitting.
  3. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Bruntlett, maybe? A goner for sure.
  4. Yeah, I bet we'll trade Bruntlett.

Astacio will probably spend another season at AAA Round Rock. With Clemens probably retiring for real this time, we just may need Astacio. Wandy Rodriguez will stick around, as well as Oswalt, Backe, and Pettite.

Bagwell I see either retiring or getting traded to DH at some small team that can't win a game (Tampa Bay or Kansas City) and maybe we'll get some prospects out of it.

Everett has gotta go, imo. He's a decent defender, but he's a terrible hitter and his defense doesn't really make up for it.
  5. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Wasn't he about .087 on his batting through the post season?
  6. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I take it Chicago won tonight?