Can't make up my mind if this is Off Topic or Miscellaneous - mods, if you reckon I've decided wrong, please move this to the appropriate place! Anyway, we had a gig arranged for Jan 12th as a showcase, with 2 support bands. The venue, somehow managed to double book us (I believe a more 'importan' touring band came along), and they have had to move the date from the 12th to the 14th. This means that we need to play on a Tuesday night. We all work, and while this is a fair inconvenience, we reckoned it was OK. However, we could not make contact with the drummer, and made the decision (with our manager who had booked the venue) to go ahead. Howeverm the drummer makes contact last night saying that she was on a business trip that week! Oh joy! Guess who's job it was to phone our manager! Any, he wasn't too impressed - I think he'd been pressuring the venue for a good deal as they'd messed up our original date. He mentioned that we could maybe get a drummer to step in. This is the dilema! Our band is an original material band! And this was intended to be our launch/showcase gig! Would you in your band go ahead with the gig with a dep drummer??? Or would you insist on the original drummer and try to re-negotoate the date??? I'm being audited today - so I may disapper for a while! I'll tell you the result of tonight's band discussion with our manager tomorrow!