Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Personnel issues...yet again!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by invader3k, Mar 8, 2006.

1. OK, so we had a guy audition at the tail end of March...seemed like the perfect fit for us, and he seemed excited. He had a great audition and we asked him to join on the spot, and he accepted. He seemed very excited about the band, and getting out to gig again (his last band was doing basically no gigging).

Anyway, he said his February was busy...he had to go out of state on a job, and then had vacation. That was fine, as both the guitarist and I had vacations scheduled around the same time, but we agreed we'd practice in late Feb. Anyway, he hasn't returned any of my phone calls or e-mails since the first week of February. What the hell?! :confused:

So, looks like I need to find a drummer _again_. This is getting ridiculous...we've gone through basically four drummers in a little over a year. I don't think it's myself and the guitiarist...we're both easy to get along with, flexible, and play popular material that's easy to learn. We have leads on gigs, etc.

Well, if anyone knows of available drummers in the Fort Atkinson, WI area, let me know. :help:

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Sounds very odd, especially since it seems he was so keen.
    But who knows, maybe his band started giging or he wound up working elsewhere and thus it was not a proposition for him to remain with your band.

But it is just plain rude not to return your calls and let you know what the deal is. But as siad there might be extenuating circumstances

3. CommandoBob

CommandoBob

Nov 17, 2005
    Can't find a drummer to save my life in the Wausau, WI area. i think it has to do this the fact we're big drinkers and no one wants to play drums with a hang over. just found a drummer last week showed up (20 minutes late) with his (extremely hot) girlfriend and then he’s not coming this week. DAMN DRUMMERS! Can’t wait for them to make a good enough drum machine that can think of new fills and such on the fly. The SDR 5000 Smart Drummer, HELL YEAH! :hyper: but that might be a bad idea cus then maybe it would get too smart and start offing people like Hal did. "I’m sorry john i cant let you do that john step away from the drum kit john" and of course being a drummer some chick would have to try and sleep with it, and who can stand a robot talking about how many chicks its scored. if i had my way drummers would always be chained to their drum kit and only fed scraps slid under the basement door, waiting for the next time to jam and be useful.

4. I suspect something like that happened...he had just started a new job right before auditioning with us, selling equipment to golf courses...so I imagine this is a busy time of year. Either that, or his work situation may have changed, etc. Still, is it so hard to return a voice mail or e-mail and say "yeah, I'm sorry, it's not going to work out for me?"