1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peste Noire

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DoomandHeavy, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Anyone like this crazy band? They play Black Metal with loads of odd instruments and crazy little shred bits. So who here likes or has even heard of this band?

2. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    I didn't know them, sounds interesting, I like it.

3. These guys have a new album coming out titled "Ballade cuntre lo Anemi Francor" for anybody who's intrested.

4. I. Don't. Get. It... Those clips you put up sound a whole lot like a bunch of other bands out there. These guys haven't honed in their sound yet.
    Bad production and mixing doesn't help, either.

It's one thing to not like the genre (which I don't, especially the screaming), but I could appreciate it if I heard something special or different in it. I don't. The changes all sound like stuff from the '90s that I've heard a million times, and the guitar work sounds very '80s metal. While I don't care for this genre, I've certainly come across other bands that I can appreciate a whole lot more.

The only thing that really separates this band from thousands of others are the vocals. I can't stand them, but they sure as hell sound very different from almost everything else I've come across. I'll give 'em props for that, although I think they drive more people away then bring 'em in.

Here's one song of theirs that does seem to be different. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSUQYzqXZ0&feature=related - It's certainly more 'pop-y,' and i still can't stand the vocals. However, it has more style, and a sound then those other songs you posted up, except the 2nd half sort of gets cliche.

5. The vocals actually aren't unique, thats the way you "sing" in Black Metal. As for the production, BM bands generally go with whats called a raw production, as it makes the music sound more distgusting, evil, and filthy. Like all music, it certainly isn't for everybody.

6. Yeah.. I wasn't very impressed with the vocals, but the one song starts to hint on a sound that's different then the others, and from other Black Metal that I've heard in the past. That's why I think that these guys haven't quite found their sound yet.