Pet Names For Your Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Fullmetal, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Guest

Oct 18, 2008
    United kingdom
    Wasn't sure if this would go here. Please move if appropriate.

Has anyone got a "pet name" for their bass? I'm saving to buy a Schecter Stiletto and am trying to think of a name for it.

I also have a Yamaha RBX-375 named "Zero" (because it has so far played Zero gigs, and probly will play Zero gigs in it's lifetime)

Anyone else named their basses?

2. Elrend

Elrend Guest

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    I just refer to them as honey, sexy, kitten, babe or hotties.

3. BarkerBass

BarkerBass Guest

the title of "wife" is applied to the most played bass although atm i dont have one since they are all under equal usage... more of a hareem?

my old yamaha 5 string beater was/is the black beauty

headless home made bass, frankenstein or horseman...

i used to play a cheap j bass copy which was the cheap whore but now it's been replaced by the fender jazz so that's my my classy blonde (butterscotch colour) :smug:

4. Bass Pleasures

Bass Pleasures

Jun 20, 2007
    "Excalibur".

5. I named one after my daughter; all the rest are called by whatever's on the headstock.

6. bobsaget123

bobsaget123 Guest

Nov 30, 2008
    i call mine spanky

7. PoundinThunder

PoundinThunder Guest

Sep 27, 2007
    Upstate NY. Victor
    Mine isThunder

8. Lulubelle. No reason in particular.

9. Bassgirlsara

Bassgirlsara Guest

May 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I have one named Sky, which was named by my favorite bass player, one named Elphaba because its wicked and Ive named my pbass the funk machine

10. I call them buddy from time to time but that's about it.

11. Faxxxy

Faxxxy Guest

Nov 14, 2008
    I have a guitar that I call "bet-z" (betsy) after Betsy Ross.
    It is a gunmetal grey guitar with an American flag pickguard on it.

12. TerenceSharp

TerenceSharp Guest

Jan 10, 2007
    Darlington, UK
    Not really a name as such but, "Teh 'ray"
    Obvious which bass that refers to.

13. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I don't really have a name for my bass. My amp however is called "The Beast" :D

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Out of all my basses, only one has a "name". It's my Frankenbass, made up of a Squire P body in Green Sparkle, a BENAVENTE 51 neck:hyper:, Nordy P/J p/ups, and strung with Lakland flats.

He's Bennie the Green Machine!

Even my kids call him that.

dcr

15. gtxtom

gtxtom

Nov 3, 2008
    Philly
    Brunhilda? :p

16. Greg O

Greg O

Aug 11, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    my hamburg 3/4 upright is "burgess"

17. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I call my bass, "Lucille".

Back in the late 1940's when my career was in its infancy, one of my stops on the road was in Twist, Arkansas. It used to get quite cold in Twist in the evenings, and in order to keep the dance hall warm, kerosene was used for heat. A large barrel was placed in the center of the room and was filled about half way up with the fuel. The kerosene was then lighted to heat the room, a practice which was not uncommon in those days.

One cold night in 1949, two men started fighting and knocked over the barrel of burning kerosene. The burning fuel spilled over the floor like a river of fire. Every one, including me, ran out the front door. Once outside, I realized that I left my bass, an Ibanez Roadstar, inside the inferno. I went back inside the collapsing building to save my guitar, almost losing my life in the process. The blaze that night claimed two fatalities.

The next morning, I discovered why the two men were fighting the night before. It seems as though they were fighting over a lady, and although I had never met the woman, I learned her name was Lucille. I named that bass Lucille, and also every bass I have owned since that night, to remind me never to do a thing like that again.

Oh wait, that wasn't me. :atoz:

18. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Ralph

19. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    FL
    Good try Bassteban, but the thread is dead. This is becoming a Jazz vs. P like thread on TB. Everyday a new one pops up.